Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I though I would share. I bought these on Amazon for roughly $35 and they fit perfectly. The dust caps go back on as well. There isn't any ballast or long wires to deal with, they are designed exactly like a halogen bulb with a little fan. It is nice that they finally designing these to fit under dust caps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
I though I would share. I bought these on Amazon for roughly $35 and they fit perfectly. The dust caps go back on as well. There isn't any ballast or long wires to deal with, they are designed exactly like a halogen bulb with a little fan. It is nice that they finally designing these to fit under dust caps.
The only drop in LED bulbs anyone should be buying are the Diode Dynamics SL1 bulbs. Anything else is like putting HID bulbs (non D2R) in a reflector or halogen projector housing.

The next step up from that from an LED perspective is an LED projector retrofit.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I disagree. I've got a set of Nighteyes for both my G8 and my wife's minivan. They perform really well and don't glare.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm happy with them so far, haven't been flashed yet. The stock projectors seem to have a decent glare shield. At least they arent standard halogen reflector housings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts