Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was able to find these online they have 5 arms and 60 leds which are spring loaded so they expand once they fit inside the tail light. I think it adds a nice touch for the tail lights. I bought the white ones and are bright.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
pretty sweet looking, get em on ebay?

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock tail lights just LED bulbs they are called spider LEDs you can find them most places that supplies bulbs. They make them is 3 and 5 arm bulbs also makes them for the blinkers. They cost about $25 per pair.

·
Moddin' and Roddin'
793 Posts
These are like the V-Stars that V-LED's used to make and sell. No idea why they stopped. I love the look in my car.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are correct Eidolon I am not sure what is going on with V-leds I have most of there bulbs in my car but it seems like they are out of stock of everything they have for sale.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
I installed these a little over a month ago and also love them. Gives a different but clean look to the tails. I just wish they were a little brighter when braking.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I installed these a little over a month ago and also love them. Gives a different but clean look to the tails. I just wish they were a little brighter when braking.
What color did you get? Red will be the brightest even if the white claims more lumens. The red lenses will filter out the light that isn't in the red wavelength.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I had a company that wanted to install 2 halos (inside and outside the circle) as well as an LED strip across the bottom portion. Just couldn't bite the nearly $500 estimate they gave me for the install :|

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
looks good, always wondered.....i am going to do spyder taillights when i do headlights.
When you get the Spyder tail LEDs. Make sure they include the wire harness adapter to convert the LED harness from 1157 to 3057. I had to call back and have them send it.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
What color did you get? Red will be the brightest even if the white claims more lumens. The red lenses will filter out the light that isn't in the red wavelength.
I got the red. I need to get some better night shots but here are a few I took during the day.

And so boring BEFORE the Spider LED's :)

Comparo before install

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hmmm very interesting. Might go this route. Night shots!

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went with the white bulbs with the 5 arms. Here is a few shots on my lights with the last one a night shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
640 Posts
I do like these but curious about brightness on the red lights vs stocks. Trying to get some more light when I'm backing into my tiny single car garage lol. Guess I could get more powerful reverse lights too.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I like them, I just am curious about the light output during the day. Pics don't look like there is enough. Then again, I've never even paid attention to what our stock tails look like during the day. I'm never directly behind a braking G8.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would say its hard to take a picture in the day light but I have taken a look at them after installing and they seem pretty bright.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts