Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having electrical issues with a couple things. First thing I want to take care of is the lights. Seems to be a ground issue somewhere. Temporarily grounded them to the trunk lid to keep from getting pulled over at night. Just recently they stopped working again. Is there anyone that has had this issue? Is there wiring diagrams anywhere to figure out where the problem might be? I also have a short in the right visor hinge, but I'll take that on at a different time.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
It sounds like the 2 wire harness (with power and ground return) within the trunk area, an running thru your trunk lid (to the license plate light housing), has an intermittent broken power wire going to those lamps. I suspect that its damaged within that rubber transition boot area, near the right side trunk hinge. Maybe you could prove that out by flexing the boot (with the trunk open an parking lights on), to see how the license plate lights react. You can still buy the wire harness assembly # 92207875 for about $63 if needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts