Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine light code shows compression loss on cylinder #6. Car has been in the shop for 3 weeks waiting on a new cam and lifters. If part is not here by monday thay are putting in a new engine. Only have 42,000 miles with very minor mods: Tune, air intake. Any one else having cam issues?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I hope you took the tune off considering they dont wanna owe you any new parta and void ur warrenty, and thier have been problems with the lifters and cams messing up here and thier on g8's not many though

·
Registered
273 Posts
I hope you took the tune off considering they dont wanna owe you any new parta and void ur warrenty, and thier have been problems with the lifters and cams messing up here and thier on g8's not many though
Not many lifter issues? I would say there seems to be an overwhelming amount of problems. There is a TSB about the issue. Seems to be a common problem.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Seems to be a common problem on the forum, I hardly think that makes it a common problem on all G8 GTs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.