Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hear me out :)

I picked up some LS3 heads as they were cheap and I could do a little port work and install my .660 springs.
They came off a 12K mile 2010 SS.
The guy gave me all the parts after they had done a DOD delete.

Long story short I got the lifters and I was thinking.... 8 of the lifters are AFM lifters so does that mean the other 8 would technically work for a DOD delete?
I would then have 8 good lifters in my car that I am deleting.

I looked at the GM part numbers and they are "17122490" Non deactivation lifters.

Would these technically work in place of LS7 lifters?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found this on the corvette forum "
If you open a box of the 12499225 lifter kit, normally you will find 2 boxes (8 each) of 17122490's inside. I sell a lot of those LS7 lifter kits and they are the recommended replacement.

They are literally the same thing from GM now.
"

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Yes you have 8 AFM lifters and 8 regular lifters. Now it all depends on what cam you will be using. If you are using a GM LS2 or LS3 cam, they will be ok. If you are going big aftermarket to go with the .660” springs. Get a fresh set . If a high performance build you want them all to have the exact same bleed down rates. Your mixed set might all match, but no guarantee. A low lift stock cam , it would be ok. Going for max power, you want a new set

Reactions: gwill30

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good Point. I started to think of that after I had posted. No sense on letting 100+ costing more in the long run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts