Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've really started to notice the dreaded lifter ticking.:sneaky: I'm going to have to save up for a DOD delete package. How long before something "catastrophic" happens?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Depending on how bad it is, it can beat up the cam. I'd bring it in for warranty work. Mine had the tick at 20k miles and they were replaced by GM. At 62k miles now and not a single tick since then. I'm doing a cam swap next month so it's all coming out anyways... Thank God.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depending on how bad it is, it can beat up the cam. I'd bring it in for warranty work. Mine had the tick at 20k miles and they were replaced by GM. At 62k miles now and not a single tick since then. I'm doing a cam swap next month so it's all coming out anyways... Thank God.
Cant bring it in for warranty work. I have an 2008 with 97000 on her. My gas mileage has really been suffering lately so I'm not sure if its lifter tick or failure. I've lost about 3 mpg in the past 2 months. Or it could be that I just need a 100,000 mile tune up. Cam package will be doable in about 2 months. Just hope it makes it that long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts