Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking the other day about how good it would look to have the Pontiac emblem light up with the brake lights. Has anyone done this appearance mod or are there any kits out there for an easy install?

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
Doubt it and no. You would have to drill a hole in the trunk lid to make it possible.

·
Hispanic Causing Panic
1,643 Posts
Probably easier to use glow in the dark paint or even reflective paint.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It would require pretty extensive modification to make it work. Not that it couldn't be done, it most certainly could. Just, the whole punching a hole in your trunk for the wires thing is sort of not worth it IMHO. I've considered modifying the front emblem to glow, because my engine bay and hood scoops are illuminated with red LEDs. The front emblem has holes already drilled that it clips into, unlike the back one which is just sticky-taped.

·
What Would Jesus Drive?
1,563 Posts
This is a crappy photo of it, but it has been done on the Chrysler logo on a 300. The car is Andy from Advanced Automotive Concepts. They did my Halos.

This is from their website:

I asked him about doing that for my Holden Logo and he said he could do it. He did say, and I quote, It will cost ya!

·
Premium Member
5,109 Posts
Looks neato burrito. Thumbs up to anyone that does it. Nice mod

·
2005 GTO Owner
22 Posts
You can also do something like this with EL tape and some red tinted PC or acrylic it woudl have an even illumination

·
Hispanic Causing Panic
1,643 Posts
You can also do something like this with EL tape and some red tinted PC or acrylic it woudl have an even illumination
The only issue with using EL Tape is you would have to get it custom ordered in the shape of the emblem. It can't be cut to fit from our end.

·
2005 GTO Owner
22 Posts
Oh I was under the understanding that you could cut El sheets to the shap of you choosing. I may be wrong though. I do know that red EL tape looks Pink.

·
Knemo-schwine-aie-he-how
735 Posts
Wow, I'm REALLY liking that. I woud love to see someone put a similar HSV spoiler on a G8 (with that same brake light), and then put an illuminating pontiac logo on the back too. I'm not sure how that would look on different colored G8's however... I don't think it would work on anything other than PBM or red cars, and certainly wouldn't fly on a SBM car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
check here, they have vinyl overlays pre-cut to fit front or rear emblem available in many colors including reflective. They have the cutout for the star. I used one on the front of my GP and it fit perfectly and looks great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts