Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
At least for me to get an understanding (of what is an isn't happening), you best re-post with more information. Such as, are all 4 gauge readings inop ? Are all the background lights within the cluster inop ? Are all other background lights (on steering wheel, upper an lower console, DIC, external lights control panel, an overhead dome light panel, etc) working correctly or not ? Will the the DIC display its successful system tests at full ignition turn on ? Does that MIL light extinguish after engine start ? As well as all other things you know to be incorrect.

An you should get this problem moved over to the *Stereo/Electronics* section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dome light works turn signal work none of the buttons on the steering wheel don’t work

·
F1rehawk
747 Posts
I replied in your other thread.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
The steering wheel control switches get their power from the IPC, an that IPC also monitors all the return signals sent from them. So I can see why the switches have lost their functions if the IPC is dead. I would tell you to check a certain fuse in the trunk, but that very fuse also powers up your RCDLR. If you still have control of the door an trunk locks from the key fob, that should/would eliminate that fuse as the source.

Darn----- I posted this on the wrong Thread of the 2 on this subject.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts