Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Lingenfelter Launches 505hp Package for Pontiac G8 GT

11K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  Mr. Darth 
#1 ·

With General Motors recently announcing a hold on any future performance vehicles, speed freaks will have to go elsewhere. And where better to go but to one of the most trusted named in the aftermarket, Lingenfelter?

Best known for modifying Corvettes, the Indiana-based tuner has just released a complete package for the new Pontiac G8 GT. A fabulous car on its own, the G8 GT makes 361hp in stock trim. Fitted with Lingenfelter's Magnuson TVS MP1900 supercharger, however, that number stretches all the way north of the 500-mark for a total of 505hp and 482 ft-lbs of torque. Measured on the company's own dyno, that's 430hp and 410 ft-lbs at the rear wheels.

The kit is a fully-engineered package and also includes a Rotofab G8 air intake system, an intercooler, new fuel-injectors, a new thermostat, a remapped ECU and even a remapped transmission control unit for slightly quicker shifts.

According to a recent test by Car & Driver, the car will hit 60 mph in just 4.4-seconds and 100 mph in 10.2-seconds. As for that all-important quarter mile, it flies by in a scant 12.8 seconds at a lofty 112 mph.

The price for this setup is a reasonable $10,995 - although to get a proper-sounding car the optional Corsa exhaust might not be a bad option. Lingenfelter says its performance package will not affect highway fuel-economy and will deliver the car with a certificate of authenticity and a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. And to ensure every car it up to its owner's expectations, each car will be dyno-tested before being delivered.

Those looking for a complete setup can also opt for the Rotofab coil covers and 19-inch CCW forged wheels, coated in Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires. From wheels measure 19×9-inches and get 245/40/19 tires, while rear wheels measure 19×10.5-inches and get 285/35/19 tires.

The full setup costs $18,494.

More: Lingenfelter Launches 505hp Package for Pontiac G8 GT on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#5 ·
I could just buy the LS7 and call it a day...

#6 · (Edited)
Considering that's through the stock exhaust, I wonder what a performance exhaust system will add? And a more performance-oriented cam?

BTW, the LS3 version of this kit for the vette makes 600 hp.

#7 ·
If you search the forums, you'll find the answer to your question ;)

Thanks
Mike Haddad

#10 · (Edited)
Just turn up the boost and open up the exhaust => 500rwhp

91 octane required with the standard Maggie tune; 93 with a good dyno tune.

#18 ·
I'm not all that car savvy ... so I'm hoping someone can explain this to me ...

If The E60 BMW M5 Has 500 Hp, and 383 TQ ... and runs a 12.4 @ 118mph ...

Why is it that this Lingenfelter edition, which has 505 Hp, and 482 TQ ... only runs a 12.8 @ 112 ? ...

Does the V10 really make THAT much of a difference .

12.8 @ 112 has been achieved by some guys on this forum with just headers,intake and a tune.

Again, I'm a novice ... so any explanations would be very helpful.

#20 ·
Lingenfelter has always been extremely cautious about the claims he makes. The difference you're seeing is that the bimmer ran a 12.4 in good air and cold temps... the G8 will run 12.8 in the middle of summer during a heat wave. Saw the same thing with the Lingenfelter impalas. At first we were blowing them off - 12.8 for $15,000 in engine work? But then it turned out the 12.8 was for triple digits in July...

And anyway, you drop a good torque converter in there and you'll see the car in the 11's. And that's for anyone's supercharger package, not just Lingenfelter's.

#19 ·
I made this exact same argument about the SLP car... got a few peoples backs up.

#21 ·
Yeah .. I guess the performance numbers are a lil understated ... Thanx for clearin' that up ! ...

#22 ·
No problem. Just remember, the magnacharger package, except for the tune, is pretty much the same no matter who you get it from. The kit is made by Magnacharger, not Lingenfelter. What you get from Lingenfelter for the extra cash is a warrantied install and dyno tune.

#24 ·
It would be cheaper to buy the GXP version.

However your going to get whipped the first time you encounter a GT with a mangacharger system on it.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

#26 ·
As I said before, Lingenfelter's numbers are VERY conservative. And the car mags can't drive worth crap on top of that. When they compared the Z06 427 to the GTR, they only managed an 11.7 - while private owners have managed to run 10's bone stock - on stock tires.

Based on the mph the car is running in the quarter, the car is capable of mid 11's with the magnacharger system and the correct supporting mods, such as sticky tires and a decent torque converter.

#29 ·
Isn't this type of grunt going through a 6L80E transmission rated at only 430 lb/ft of engine torque risky? Is there something I have missed? :confused:

#30 ·
Yes

These transmissions are heavily underrated.

Thanks
Mike Haddad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.