Pontiac G8 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
i have # 23 of the 200 CHIP FOOSE built "Stallions" does that count??

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
I have a 2009 G8 GT and I'm hearing a clunking sound in my steering usually when I'm backing out of my driveway and pulling away. The steering doesn't seem loose or sloppy but the clunking is driving me crazy. I'm thinking it's my intermittent steering shaft but I'm not positive. Has any one else experienced this issue?
Do a search for threads about lower control arms. Sounds like that may be the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
230 of the First 888

# 230 of the First 888 is alive and well, and currently residing in sunny Los Angeles, California. At least, I'm assuming it's #230. Last 5 of the vin are 88230, and I have the First 888 badge on the trim above the glove box. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I want to know!

The car is a white GT model, with the 6.0 Ltr engine, and 6 speed auto trans. Fully loaded, extremely fast. Currently at 117,000 miles.

I picked up this baby off of a used car lot in Huntington Beach, Ca in 2009, and it's been my faithful steed ever since.

#230 has seen and done a lot of cool things in it's short time on the planet, and I thought I'd share a few with you. In it's time with me, #230 has driven across the United States twice, appeared on network television a few times (I will try to find photos), and it's passenger seats have cradled the rear ends of a few now famous faces, actors, comedians, a well known TV producer, and one of the Sex Pistols.

From 2010-2012, #230 had it's own reserved parking spot on the Warner Bros lot in Burbank, Ca, and has spent a significant amount of time on other studio lots in the Los Angeles area. Not to brag... okay, you caught me, I am bragging just a little... but this car has seen and done some cool things, and since it's a G8 forum, I thought I'd share. Sorry. Dont shoot me.

This car has never stopped impressing me. It is hands down the best vehicle I have EVER owned, and it's a damn shame they're still not in production today, because god knows I'd buy a brand new one in a heartbeat. In the 6 years I've owned the car, other than regular maintenance, the only thing I've had to do to it is replace the alternator, and recently, the radiator, and even that was only because the nozzle snapped off. The radiator unit itself functioned fine. Other than that, the car is in tip top, and still giving the Challengers and Chargers of LA a run for their money.

That being said, does anyone on here have a list of production dates for the First 888? Near as I can tell from a vin decoder I found on here, mine was built some time in 2008 in Australia at the Oz (?) plant. I would love to know the date this baby rolled off the assembly line. I would be more than happy to provide the complete vin number if someone out there can tell when the car was manufactured.

RIP Pontiac
You are sorely, SORELY missed...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry, just read original thread.......#76 is Liquid Red w Black leather, just turned 46000 miles, for sale and in Windermere Fla (suburb of Orlando).
Awesome car, simply ready for something else on the "list" :).

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Number 1 Apparently Available

"Smoke Signals", the POCI monthly mag, has G8 Serial Number 1 listed in the "For Sale" section. The ad says it has clocked only 750 miles since new and was a test car for Performance Pontiac Magazine. The colour is PBM, ad says leather interior, has V6 wheels, so I am guessing it's a V6. It's in Florida, 727 area code.

http://s180.photobucket.com/user/sfcarl/media/DSC_8479a_zpssq16tk9h.jpg.html
2008 Pontiac G8 - VE Commodore SV6 - HW, Sunroof, Premium, Comfort & Sound
Mods: VE Commodore Conversion - Front Bar & Grille, Bonnet, Spoiler, Badges, Wheel Centre Caps, Steering Wheel Airbag, Holden Cluster, Leather Console Lid, Holden Shift Knob; Auto-Dimming Mirror (w/o airbag nag), VG Shark Fin, CoStar Bluetooth, Aspheric Door Mirrors, Exterior Boot Release, GMH Rear Window Sunshade, GT Boot Lid Liner, GT 2.92 LSD, Parking Sensors

·
Registered
138 Posts
#880 here, just signed the papers for the car yesterday. I wont be receiving the car until wednesday at the earliest and friday at the latest but the last 5 digits of the vin are:

It will now be located in Los Angeles, CA.

Its a Liquid Red 6 Speed Auto with Black Interior. Its a V8 GT, unsure of the package but once I can actually drive the car I am sure ill be looking more into it.

82k Miles and 1 Previous Owner.

·
Registered
25 Posts
#450 is in Saudi Arabia. The guy who own the car his name Mr. Alshushsn Saleh. I guess the car is (specifically the only one in the Arab Gulf that from #888).

The car left the country in 06-21-2015.

#450 of 888

Black on black
Clean title
No paint job
Cammed..

·
Registered
8 Posts
#472 is with me in Northern Indiana.

Black on black GT A6 car with the sport package and no sunroof.

just over 103k miles on her.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just purchashed a "First 888" G8 GT and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it based on my vin 6G2EC57YX8L988749. THANKS IN ADVANCE

381 - 400 of 407 Posts
About this Discussion
406 Replies
238 Participants
windale38
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing