Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be up in livermore ca next week (4th-9th) and was woundering if anyone in that area does any week day meets. Just looking for something to do during the week nights instead of hanging out in a hotel room.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Im going to be up in livermore ca next week (4th-9th) and was wondering if anyone in that area does any week day meets. Just looking for something to do during the week nights instead of hanging out in a hotel room.
There isn't anything officially scheduled until Saturaday AM (GoodGuys show on 11/10), but I'm down to do whatever!

Traffic in the mornings/afternoons mid-week is terrible (with lots of enforcement), so "spirited driving" isn't the best... but I know some areas that are a little quieter for cruising.

Is there a day/time that would be better for you than another? I can propose something spontaneous for the GTO club and might get a couple people. Friday will likely be bad since people (including myself) will be washing/detailing cars for the Saturday show. If you are you going to be around during the day on Sunday (11/4) I could put together a cruise.

-Todd...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I get into Livermore on Sun night and have training till about 4pm until Fri when I get to drive back down to Bakersfield.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
A cruise Sunday wouldn't work too well. A detail party on Friday evening doesn't seem too good either if you need to get back to Bakersfield that night.

The sun will be starting to set around that time, but I'm game to take some photos if you want. If you like football maybe we could grab a few people for dinner and the Monday/Thursday night game? There's Umigo GoKarts nearby.

-Todd...

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Any tracks up there doing test and tunes that week
Sonoma (aka. Sears Point, aka. Infineon) typically runs Wednesday Night Drags, but it looks like 11/7 is a night-off. I think Sacramento Raceway has them as well, but if you're not leaving Livermore until after 4pm it's going to be tough to make it (traffic is terrible that direction).

-Todd...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts