Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing it out there that if anyone is need of help with upgrading shocks/springs or installing Koni's. I am happy to help out with installs or questions. I have all the tools and have done a bunch of these so holler at your boy. Aww hell all bolt ons, rear diff swaps, Rocker arms etc etc.

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only costs a few tanks of gas lol

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've only done one cam install (my own) but I have a few local G8 friends that have some under there belt as well. It is time consuming and you have to factor in down time in case something goes wrong, because things can go wrong no matter how straight forward the install seems.

Just not something you are going to get done in a single day from free labor. Now I have a friend who owns a shop in Stockton that will do it for a reasonable price...

·
The Mustang dude
1,352 Posts
I should roll up there when I get ready to do my springs struts and bearings

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should roll up there when I get ready to do my springs struts and bearings
We will do the install in the morning, and hit the track in the afternoon!

Seriously if you do plan to come up this way have your purchases shipped to me in advance and I can build your struts and shocks ahead of time so then we are just popping those jokers in and getting an alignment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Im about due for some new shocks on mine. Don't have the real estate, tools, or mechanical know how to tackle it myself though.

May have to take you up on that offer. How far are you from San Jose?

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would really like to get coilovers installed but there's no way I can afford the $700 dollars I was quoted by a shop
I've never setup coilovers but I'm all for giving it a shot. I've only taken blown coilovers off of G8's and thrown them in the garbage. I'm all for lending a hand though. From what I have seen it is very straight forward. I can have my friend help who installed coilovers on his car G8 if he is free.

Definitely save that $700 bucks. It ain't worth it.

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which brand are you going with?

·
Registered
58 Posts
san luis obispo county g8gt

very generous offer, I currently have 26.5 k on a 09 that I purchased new. There have been no problems with the suspension so far, if the need arises what brand of replacement parts would you recommend? Not looking to street race, I'am a old guy just looking for a safe reliable fix if needed. I still have the original tires, that have been wearing very well with the five tire rotation once a year.Finally what parts do you recommend replacing?
Thank you for the post
little al

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Ventura county over here !!! I'm down to take a six hrs drive i will through in a nice tip money !!! Thanks for generous offer g8 brother

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, before I bought my G8 the dealer said it had been in a moderate curbing/accident. When it got shipped to me I noticed it pulls to the left a bit. There is no lateral play in the wheels and even though it pulls it can can go straight with steering compensation to the right. A couple of alignments from different places haven't done anything for the pull. What might the part or parts likely at fault?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
You have any alignment printouts? That will indicate where the problem is.

I'm going to guess its the caster as it affects straight ahead tracking. You need the adjuster kit for each side. But each GM kit provides only provides about +- 0.5 degs of adjustment. Some after market kits maybe 0.75 degs or so.

(Happen to be visiting in the Bay Area)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts