Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my car, but a friend's boss is selling his M6 GXP. Never seen the car or know the guy selling it but it's local and on the cheaper end of the spectrum, so I figured I would share the info.

If anyone needs this car looked at, I will be more than happy to look it over.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2013&zip=48187&listingTypes=all&sellerTypes=b&transmissionCode=MAN&transmissionCodes=MAN&mmt=%5BPONT%5BG8%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&modifySearchId=60434750&lastExec=1367268805000&modelCode1=G8&makeCode1=PONT&startYear=1981&showcaseOwnerId=0&searchRadius=0&incremental=All&listingId=345467319&listingIndex=4&Log=0

·
Registered
275 Posts
And the owner gave a nice description noting all the defects.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, big negative there. You dont want to spend almost 30k on a snow driven GXP.
That's certainly a strong statement there.

Unless you are getting the car as a collectible it really doesn't matter as long as the car is garaged, sealed and kept clean. Not everyone lives in a southern State or is willing to put their cars away for 4 months. My GT was winter driven and my GXP was driven in the winter from time to time as well.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
LOL. Big deal if the car is winter driven. This is not the 70's where cars will rust out in 5 years of winter driving. Jeez.

I hate to tell you guys this but the second to last gxp ever made sits outside and is winter driven occasionally. Its a Pontiac. Not a Bentley...

Sometimes I wonder why people think the GXP is like gold. There are thousands and thousands of commodores rolling around down under. It's not like they stopped making the commodore after the G8 ended production.

Don't get me wrong the g8 is one of my favorite cars, but there are many aspects of this car that aren't so fantastic.

Rant Over.

·
218 Posts
LOL. Big deal if the car is winter driven. This is not the 70's where cars will rust out in 5 years of winter driving. Jeez.

I hate to tell you guys this but the second to last gxp ever made sits outside and is winter driven occasionally. Its a Pontiac. Not a Bentley...

Sometimes I wonder why people think the GXP is like gold. There are thousands and thousands of commodores rolling around down under. It's not like they stopped making the commodore after the G8 ended production.

Don't get me wrong the g8 is one of my favorite cars, but there are many aspects of this car that aren't so fantastic.

Rant Over.

Amen. I completely agree with you.. Its a car..

My GXP is daily driven and is parked outside. Hell, my 1976 Triumph gets garage preference over the GXP and its not worth much.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
V6 - Winter beater
GT - Nice weather / weekend cruiser

GXP - Let it sit in garage as you touch yourself maniacally
Seems like somebody touches themselves way too much. Especially with a signature like that..

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Lmao

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Not everyone lives in a southern State or is willing to put their cars away for 4 months. My GT was winter driven and my GXP was driven in the winter from time to time as well.
I put mine away for about 6 months of the year.

You're right, it's more like 7 or 8 years now. Trust me, my 2000 Grand Prix started rusting at the 8 year mark, or at least that's when I could see it. It would have started rusting out in parts I couldn't see sooner than that.

·
Grand Poobah
302 Posts
This is the part of the thread where someone usually says: "It's just a car and I bought it to drive it", or "these cars were made to be driven", or "you might as well drive it because it isn't going to be worth anything", or "I don't understand why people don't drive these cars", etc etc etc. Very predictable and never gets old.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good deal on that GXP...

Rant Over.
Agreed. thats my .02

·
Registered
996 Posts

Rant Over.
This.

Everyone also talks about how rare the G8's are but if you happen to live up here in Michigan you will see quite a few everyday. So rarity is also dependent on where you live.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Wonder what it's gonna cost to pick up a Commodore with the LS3 in it from Australia. Sounds like a fairly easy project. I bet you'll be hard pressed to find one for under $40K. Oh, and who needs left hand drive anyway...

:popcorn2:

Edit: As a side perk, it won't have been winter driven!!!! :judge::wink2:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seller dropped the price to $26k. Can't believe nobody bought this yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.