Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this ad and looks local to me

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4900823714.html

From the pictures it looks to be a clean ride. If anyone on this forum is interested in this, I could be persuaded to see if I can contact the poster and see if I could assist in any inspection and/or "take it to a local mechanic for a once over" if someone is in the market...

Anyways, here's what I saw from the ad:

2009 Pontiac G8 GT -- Excellent Condition: Runs and Sounds Great! Clean, No Winters, No Track, Always Garaged (Heated in Winter).

Asking $23,900 or Best Reasonable Offer.

29,460 miles.
White Hot Ext. with Graphite Leather (Heated), Fully Loaded Sport Package w/ Moonroof and 19" Machine Faced Aluminum Wheels.
6.0L V8, L76, 6-speed Automatic w/Sport Mode & Manual Tap Shift.
RWD, Limited Slip Rear Differential & Stabilitrak.
Bluetooth, Remote Car Start, and 11 premium Blaupunkt speakers.

I am the second owner and purchased the car in January 2012 with just over 20,000 miles on it from an Ohio GM dealer. Here is a list of the work ($4000) that has been performed since then:

• Kooks 1-3/4" Long Tube Headers with Jet Hot Silver Ceramic Coating.
• Solo High Flow Cats.
• Solo "Mach" unbalanced stainless muffler and J-pipes which reduce cruising drone in cabin.
• Solo 3-1/2" 304 SS Quad Exhaust Tips.
• Vara-Ram Cold Air Intake.
• Professional 93 Octane ECM and TCM tune by Livernois Motorsports (includes device to re-flash to stock or a different tune). http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/pages/About-Us.html
• Powder Coated Brake Calipers, "Toolbox Red".
• Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 Max Performance Summer Radial (approx. 5000 miles on them).
• Dealer Re-alignment & Roadforce balanced when I installed the new tires in 2013.
• GXP rear diffuser.
• Color matched "shark fin" antenna.
• Radiator flushed Spring 2014. Refilled with Prestone Dexcool.
• Tires rotated/checked September 2014.
• Mobil 1 oil and extended performance filter replaced end of October 2014.

All exhaust work performed at Mufflerman in Kenmore. I have the stock headers, cats, and air intake, however I don't have the stock mufflers.

NOTE: I also have a brand new set of DMH Electronic Cut-Outs that I purchased and never installed. They are available for $350, if interested.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Looks pretty good the price is fair but I think 22,000 or 22500 will take it. If this was in Toronto I would seriously think about buying it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Found this ad and looks local to me

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4900823714.html

From the pictures it looks to be a clean ride. If anyone on this forum is interested in this, I could be persuaded to see if I can contact the poster and see if I could assist in any inspection and/or "take it to a local mechanic for a once over" if someone is in the market...

Anyways, here's what I saw from the ad:

2009 Pontiac G8 GT -- Excellent Condition: Runs and Sounds Great! Clean, No Winters, No Track, Always Garaged (Heated in Winter).

Asking $23,900 or Best Reasonable Offer.

29,460 miles.
White Hot Ext. with Graphite Leather (Heated), Fully Loaded Sport Package w/ Moonroof and 19" Machine Faced Aluminum Wheels.
6.0L V8, L76, 6-speed Automatic w/Sport Mode & Manual Tap Shift.
RWD, Limited Slip Rear Differential & Stabilitrak.
Bluetooth, Remote Car Start, and 11 premium Blaupunkt speakers.

I am the second owner and purchased the car in January 2012 with just over 20,000 miles on it from an Ohio GM dealer. Here is a list of the work ($4000) that has been performed since then:

• Kooks 1-3/4" Long Tube Headers with Jet Hot Silver Ceramic Coating.
• Solo High Flow Cats.
• Solo "Mach" unbalanced stainless muffler and J-pipes which reduce cruising drone in cabin.
• Solo 3-1/2" 304 SS Quad Exhaust Tips.
• Vara-Ram Cold Air Intake.
• Professional 93 Octane ECM and TCM tune by Livernois Motorsports (includes device to re-flash to stock or a different tune). http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/pages/About-Us.html
• Powder Coated Brake Calipers, "Toolbox Red".
• Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 Max Performance Summer Radial (approx. 5000 miles on them).
• Dealer Re-alignment & Roadforce balanced when I installed the new tires in 2013.
• GXP rear diffuser.
• Color matched "shark fin" antenna.
• Radiator flushed Spring 2014. Refilled with Prestone Dexcool.
• Tires rotated/checked September 2014.
• Mobil 1 oil and extended performance filter replaced end of October 2014.

All exhaust work performed at Mufflerman in Kenmore. I have the stock headers, cats, and air intake, however I don't have the stock mufflers.

NOTE: I also have a brand new set of DMH Electronic Cut-Outs that I purchased and never installed. They are available for $350, if interested.
Looking at this car again it looks pretty nice. if I was going to buy another G8 I would seriously think about buying this. Low miles & looks spotless.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks great I'd jump all over that.... I paid 21k for my 09 SBM with 38k miles bone stock super clean just like that one

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ended up purchasing the car this past weekend. It is as clean as it looks in the pictures, the gentlemen who owned it took exceptionally good care of the car.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! now you need to join us in one of this summer's WNY carshow events!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I will be selling the exhaust by piece or in full if anyone has any interest.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remi -- I have an MGM (Dark grey) with the twinspoke rims. I'm on the local expressways quite a bit... shoot me a pm!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts