Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this ad and looks local to me

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4900823714.html

From the pictures it looks to be a clean ride. If anyone on this forum is interested in this, I could be persuaded to see if I can contact the poster and see if I could assist in any inspection and/or "take it to a local mechanic for a once over" if someone is in the market...

Anyways, here's what I saw from the ad:

2009 Pontiac G8 GT -- Excellent Condition: Runs and Sounds Great! Clean, No Winters, No Track, Always Garaged (Heated in Winter).

Asking $23,900 or Best Reasonable Offer.

29,460 miles.
White Hot Ext. with Graphite Leather (Heated), Fully Loaded Sport Package w/ Moonroof and 19" Machine Faced Aluminum Wheels.
6.0L V8, L76, 6-speed Automatic w/Sport Mode & Manual Tap Shift.
RWD, Limited Slip Rear Differential & Stabilitrak.
Bluetooth, Remote Car Start, and 11 premium Blaupunkt speakers.

I am the second owner and purchased the car in January 2012 with just over 20,000 miles on it from an Ohio GM dealer. Here is a list of the work ($4000) that has been performed since then:

• Kooks 1-3/4" Long Tube Headers with Jet Hot Silver Ceramic Coating.
• Solo High Flow Cats.
• Solo "Mach" unbalanced stainless muffler and J-pipes which reduce cruising drone in cabin.
• Solo 3-1/2" 304 SS Quad Exhaust Tips.
• Vara-Ram Cold Air Intake.
• Professional 93 Octane ECM and TCM tune by Livernois Motorsports (includes device to re-flash to stock or a different tune). http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/pages/About-Us.html
• Powder Coated Brake Calipers, "Toolbox Red".
• Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 Max Performance Summer Radial (approx. 5000 miles on them).
• Dealer Re-alignment & Roadforce balanced when I installed the new tires in 2013.
• GXP rear diffuser.
• Color matched "shark fin" antenna.
• Radiator flushed Spring 2014. Refilled with Prestone Dexcool.
• Tires rotated/checked September 2014.
• Mobil 1 oil and extended performance filter replaced end of October 2014.

All exhaust work performed at Mufflerman in Kenmore. I have the stock headers, cats, and air intake, however I don't have the stock mufflers.

NOTE: I also have a brand new set of DMH Electronic Cut-Outs that I purchased and never installed. They are available for $350, if interested.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Looks pretty good the price is fair but I think 22,000 or 22500 will take it. If this was in Toronto I would seriously think about buying it.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Found this ad and looks local to me

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4900823714.html

From the pictures it looks to be a clean ride. If anyone on this forum is interested in this, I could be persuaded to see if I can contact the poster and see if I could assist in any inspection and/or "take it to a local mechanic for a once over" if someone is in the market...

Anyways, here's what I saw from the ad:

2009 Pontiac G8 GT -- Excellent Condition: Runs and Sounds Great! Clean, No Winters, No Track, Always Garaged (Heated in Winter).

Asking $23,900 or Best Reasonable Offer.

29,460 miles.
White Hot Ext. with Graphite Leather (Heated), Fully Loaded Sport Package w/ Moonroof and 19" Machine Faced Aluminum Wheels.
6.0L V8, L76, 6-speed Automatic w/Sport Mode & Manual Tap Shift.
RWD, Limited Slip Rear Differential & Stabilitrak.
Bluetooth, Remote Car Start, and 11 premium Blaupunkt speakers.

I am the second owner and purchased the car in January 2012 with just over 20,000 miles on it from an Ohio GM dealer. Here is a list of the work ($4000) that has been performed since then:

• Kooks 1-3/4" Long Tube Headers with Jet Hot Silver Ceramic Coating.
• Solo High Flow Cats.
• Solo "Mach" unbalanced stainless muffler and J-pipes which reduce cruising drone in cabin.
• Solo 3-1/2" 304 SS Quad Exhaust Tips.
• Vara-Ram Cold Air Intake.
• Professional 93 Octane ECM and TCM tune by Livernois Motorsports (includes device to re-flash to stock or a different tune). http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/pages/About-Us.html
• Powder Coated Brake Calipers, "Toolbox Red".
• Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 Max Performance Summer Radial (approx. 5000 miles on them).
• Dealer Re-alignment & Roadforce balanced when I installed the new tires in 2013.
• GXP rear diffuser.
• Color matched "shark fin" antenna.
• Radiator flushed Spring 2014. Refilled with Prestone Dexcool.
• Tires rotated/checked September 2014.
• Mobil 1 oil and extended performance filter replaced end of October 2014.

All exhaust work performed at Mufflerman in Kenmore. I have the stock headers, cats, and air intake, however I don't have the stock mufflers.

NOTE: I also have a brand new set of DMH Electronic Cut-Outs that I purchased and never installed. They are available for $350, if interested.
Looking at this car again it looks pretty nice. if I was going to buy another G8 I would seriously think about buying this. Low miles & looks spotless.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks great I'd jump all over that.... I paid 21k for my 09 SBM with 38k miles bone stock super clean just like that one

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ended up purchasing the car this past weekend. It is as clean as it looks in the pictures, the gentlemen who owned it took exceptionally good care of the car.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! now you need to join us in one of this summer's WNY carshow events!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I will be selling the exhaust by piece or in full if anyone has any interest.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remi -- I have an MGM (Dark grey) with the twinspoke rims. I'm on the local expressways quite a bit... shoot me a pm!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
zepcom
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing