Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a sticky with performance shops with some of member experiences, but I think it would be cool to have something similar with other services, such as detailing, wheel/tire mounting etc...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Business: Seattle Wheel

Services Performed: Tire Mounting/Road Force Balancing

Price: $140

Recommended? No

Comments:

Found them through tire rack one of only two places around seattle that do road force balancing. They left tire mounting marks on my rims and were unable to install my TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Business: Metropolitan Detail

Services Performed: Clear Bra/Paint Sealant

Price: $1200

Recommended? Yes and No

Comments

First they are great guys at Metropolitan Detail. I thought they did a terrific job on my Venture Clear Bra, altough there were a couple bubbles in the first install, so the re-did the whole hood.

The paint sealant wasn't as good. They left a lot of buffer marks in the clear coat and had to redo that job as well. The second time around was better, but I've since found paint sealant to be a waste of money and was misled about the benefits of it.

I wouldn't hesitate to send someone to them for a clear bra, but I'm iffy on actual detail work.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Business: NW Auto Salon

Services Performed: Car Wash

Price? $40

Recommended? Yes

Comments:

In my search for a new detail shop I came across NW Auto Salon. I thought I would start out with a wash to see if I liked the place and the people. I was very impressed. Really nice people to deal with had some unreal cars in their bay they were detailing.

I gained enough confidence that I will be having them detail the car come spring.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Business: Advanced Sound & Tint

Services Performed: 20% Llumar Tint Intstalled

Price: $320

Recommended? Neutral

Comments:

This tint shop came recommended from metropolitan detail. The install job is average, it's not terrible, but I think for the price paid you could find better. I did have to have one back window re-done because when I would look through it to pass someone on the road they were distorted lol I gave it about 3 months to cure too, just to make sure and it never went away.

·
Registered
175 Posts
VanCours Detailing

VanCours Auto Detailing. PH- 253-848-6331. Bumper to Bumper detailing, car comes out looking brand new. They do great work, well worth the $$$$.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts