Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum, but wasn't exactly sure where to put it so I figured the lounge would be a good place to start. I am looking at purchasing a 2009 G8 GT in the next couple of months (just graduated college), and I think I found the one I was just curious if it was a decent price and if there is anything I should look at.

Specs:
2009 Slate Blue GT (not 2009.5, VIN is 192xxx)
37,700 miles
Stock (no bolt on mods or anything from what I saw)
Has the sport rims (forgot to check size, the fatter 5 spoke)
Blaupunkt Sound
Solid black interior (not two tone)
Moon Roof

Basically I believe it has everything but the two tone seating and navigation.

They are asking $24,200 at the stealership.

Just trying to figure out if there is anything else I should check for and if this seems like a decent price. KBB put it right around that range, but that's KBB not real life.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I posted in the wrong area.

EDIT:
Mod, please delete, posted in wrong section.

·
Registered
499 Posts
no navi for these cars.
where are you located? it seems a little high. but then i paid close to KBB for mine because i really liked the car.

u have a long commute? cause you'll be visiting the gas station alot more.
something to consider maybe.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'd get them down to 23k or so on the price, that's a fair amount of miles for a 2009.

Before you buy it, take it out on the highway and make sure you don't get the dreaded steering wheel shimmy around 60mph. And no, there isn't a stock nav from the factory. Some dealers will advertise the Onstar as a nav feature, but the only way you're getting nav on the G8 is to plop a Garmin in the cubby hole below the head unit (like I did) or do the JHP GPS kit.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am located in Michigan, I have been watching the lots/autotrader/craigslist for the past 5 months or so and this car has been just sitting there. I am going to test drive it in about an hour. My goal was to get it to $22 or 23K out the door, which I thought was reasonable. I didn't think that there was navigation in these, just the Blaupunkt screen made me think it was an option for some reason. I live about 12 miles from work, 4 city, 8 highway so not too worried about gas (I drive a 96 GMC Sierra now and I get around 14 highway lol).

Also, another quick question as I have never owned a car with a warranty, will the Vararam CAI or Magnaflow cat-back exhaust void manufacture's warranty? I was reading around last night and I couldn't find a straight answer.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
the exhaust shouldn't, but the intake will probably vary from dealer to dealer. you'll probably never get a straight answer on the "will an intake/tune void my warrenty" question

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
EDIT:
Mod, please delete, posted in wrong section.
No worries. Moved into the 'deal or no deal' section; no need to delete. Welcome to the board and good luck with the car shopping and dealing!

--zepcom

·
Registered
61 Posts
i see two gts here in buffalo ,going for 24,800 with 22kmi, the other is 25,800 with 12kmi black one and red one. both are 2009

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:
Just test drove my first G8 GT. Instantly fell in love. I will own one in the next month. I also was able to find the exact same car 2009 GT with only 22.4k miles for the same price. Now my problem is deciding which color lol. I'm between pacific slate blue, panther metallic black and Maverick (I think) Silver. I was able to find all of these for within $700 in a 150 mile range. I like the classic look over the sport (as I can't find an ignition orange for sale anywhere), otherwise I would be greatly confused. I appreciate the input from all of you, and look forward to being a regular here at g8boards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update:
Just test drove my first G8 GT. Instantly fell in love. I will own one in the next month. I also was able to find the exact same car 2009 GT with only 22.4k miles for the same price. Now my problem is deciding which color lol. I'm between pacific slate blue, panther metallic black and Maverick (I think) Silver. I was able to find all of these for within $700 in a 150 mile range. I like the classic look over the sport (as I can't find an ignition orange for sale anywhere), otherwise I would be greatly confused. I appreciate the input from all of you, and look forward to being a regular here at g8boards.
IMO go for the silver, never see that color around and probably the best looking. Easier to maintain than a darker color like the blue or black, plus if they're all within 700 bucks you might as well get what you want, to me thats not a big enough amount to debate over when you're already dropping at least 22-24K

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Good luck! Hopefully you have one soon!!

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
IMO go for the silver, never see that color around and probably the best looking. Easier to maintain than a darker color like the blue or black, plus if they're all within 700 bucks you might as well get what you want, to me thats not a big enough amount to debate over when you're already dropping at least 22-24K
The silver's very nice (I should know LOL), but the Pacific Slate is so unique, I'd get that if I had a choice (which I really didn't - the two blue colours weren't offered on GTs in Canada, I'll never understand why not).

·
Registered
5 Posts
The silver's very nice (I should know LOL), but the Pacific Slate is so unique, I'd get that if I had a choice (which I really didn't - the two blue colours weren't offered on GTs in Canada, I'll never understand why not).
Can't go wrong with either, but I'm pretty sure I know which car the OP is talking about in silver and its really in perfect condition. Might be making an offer in a couple weeks :driving:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can't go wrong with either, but I'm pretty sure I know which car the OP is talking about in silver and its really in perfect condition. Might be making an offer in a couple weeks :driving:
Which one do you think?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
So, I was only able to get the car posted above in the first post down to $25,300 out the door. I still feel like that is high for 38k miles, but I really want the moon roof. When I drive one without it I feel trapped between the door and the overhead compartment. I just searched the entire U.S. on Autotrader, Cars.com, cargurus and also craigslist in the states around me and there were only 4 other PSM with Moon roofs...How rare is this?

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
So, I was only able to get the car posted above in the first post down to $25,300 out the door. I still feel like that is high for 38k miles, but I really want the moon roof. When I drive one without it I feel trapped between the door and the overhead compartment. I just searched the entire U.S. on Autotrader, Cars.com, cargurus and also craigslist in the states around me and there were only 4 other PSM with Moon roofs...How rare is this?

PSM with any combination of options is a rare car!

Funny that you feel trapped without the roof; I feel trapped WITH the roof! I'm tall enough that my head actually gets wedged between the roof rail and the recess for the roof! It took me a long time to find a GT without the sunroof, and here it's taking you just as long to find one with it... the world works in strange ways LOL!

·
Registered
499 Posts
so this includes taxes?

quote=G2gGolfing69;660970]So, I was only able to get the car posted above in the first post down to $25,300 out the door. I still feel like that is high for 38k miles, but I really want the moon roof. When I drive one without it I feel trapped between the door and the overhead compartment. I just searched the entire U.S. on Autotrader, Cars.com, cargurus and also craigslist in the states around me and there were only 4 other PSM with Moon roofs...How rare is this?[/quote]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
15 Participants
amfarthing
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing