Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - I am considering wheel options for my MGM G8 and came across the wheels you see here. Can someone tell me what brand of wheel I am looking at? Also, any other opinions for my MGM are welcome! Thanks much -
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looking at the rear license place I'm going to say those are Ace Alloys

Maybe AFF02

That link has the exact picture you linked above

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looking at the rear license place I'm going to say those are Ace Alloys

Maybe AFF02

That link has the exact picture you linked above
Good eye, very common wheel design as far as multiple companies produce it, but those are the Ace Alloy wheels.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys! Many thanks for the ID on the wheels. I really like the looks of those on a MGM, but at $1,650 a wheel I am going to have to locate a more cost-effective alternative. Those are beautiful wheels, however - wow!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey guys! Many thanks for the ID on the wheels. I really like the looks of those on a MGM, but at $1,650 a wheel I am going to have to locate a more cost-effective alternative. Those are beautiful wheels, however - wow!
That is the price for a whole set. I personally would go 19s over 20s for some more tire and be a bit cheaper, but thats just me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello guys - interesting, as it showed "qty 1" on the website. If that is the cost for a set - not bad at all!
Also, agree that 19's are the way to go. Thanks for the knowledge, guys (y)

·
Registered
498 Posts
To the end of 19s vs 20s, I think your selection of tires for 20 vs 19 will be greater. I could be wrong but that's what I found looking for 19" tires when I replaced them on my car when I got it.

-J

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Those wheels are all over the internet for $425 each, so I'm sure the price above is for a set of 4. $1,650 per wheel is made in the USA, true forged monoblock or 3 piece wheel pricing. These are 1 piece "flow formed" cast wheels made in China

·
Registered
184 Posts
To the end of 19s vs 20s, I think your selection of tires for 20 vs 19 will be greater. I could be wrong but that's what I found looking for 19" tires when I replaced them on my car when I got it.

-J
I've been lucky but I'm down to 2 treads I like and both come in the sizes of 19s I've needed. Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 for all seasons and Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s for summers.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
ADV-1 5.0. 20 x 9 front, 20 x 10.5 rear. I bought them used. They were originally flat black. When the finish failed on 3 of them I had them redone in brushed gunmetal.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Alloy wheel
Automotive tire Product Automotive design Hubcap Alloy wheel

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Tread

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for replying and clarifying what wheels and size they are. I have black powder coated stock G8 GT wheels and don't think the black does the MGM justice. The brushed gunmetal color is perfect on it. How is the ride compared to the 19" with the Potenzas?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Thanks for replying and clarifying what wheels and size they are. I have black powder coated stock G8 GT wheels and don't think the black does the MGM justice. The brushed gunmetal color is perfect on it. How is the ride compared to the 19" with the Potenzas?
The ride is great. I run Michelin PS4's. If you go with a bargain basement tire your results may vary.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel Synthetic rubber

1 - 20 of 23 Posts