Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the take of or mild/hard acceleration from the stop im getting loud tapping/knocking noise coming from the underneath rear seats/right side the most like somebody would be hitting the floor with baseball bat from underneath but really fast. you can feel it in your butt even. its bad and its getting worse...

so i went to two mechanics but im still not satisfied with their opinions.

one of them told me that brakes and struts on the back are done which might be a true but it would never do such loud tapping noise.

other guys said it is rear end judging by the color of the oil which was black but i read somewhere here that it is normal for the oil to go black like this in no time so it doesnt mean anything. all mounts for the subframe are good as well as diff mounts. they checked driveshaft for play and everything is good...

i seriously need help at this point, ideas what to do because its getting worse

any recomendation for mechanic in trisate area or nyc to go too other than dealers ? i just dont want to throw the money like that and change everyhing but so far nobody knows what it is

·
Registered
201 Posts
Considering you are stock. That should rule out exhaust bang.(I have Kooks and the get loose and bang tunnel brace.) I had my rear replaced under warranty as it had a cracked gear and would bang under acceleration.that got progressively worse once the broken piece hit the ring and pinion. If you haven't had your rear serviced I would have the dealer start there. Remove cover and check for metal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Considering you are stock. That should rule out exhaust bang.(I have Kooks and the get loose and bang tunnel brace.) I had my rear replaced under warranty as it had a cracked gear and would bang under acceleration.that got progressively worse once the broken piece hit the ring and pinion. If you haven't had your rear serviced I would have the dealer start there. Remove cover and check for metal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Thank you sir! I really do appreciate your input... that is one very helpfull answer :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Corvettes of Westchester? I've heard good stuff about Chuck.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
call tune time performance.. they know these cars very well. always a couple there at any given time.
i did go there on saturday but i was running late... very nice guys but there wasnt enough time to much of inspection... they checked subframe bushings, diff mounts drive shafts end couldnt find anything that was wrong except that oil in the differential was dark basicly black but i read somewhere that its normal for the oil to turn black because of clutches are made out of carbon (?) cant find the link but read this here on this forum

at this point im having appointment for this week at the local dealer to check it out and hopefully it will be covered under warranty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts