Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from around the Houston area, that knows of a good performance shop that I can take my GT to?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Drive over to Victoria and see Pat Guerra and Kurt of the "Guerra Group".

guerragroup.com/#!lsx-perfromance-tuning/c1auv

Thank me later. haha
Thanks, but will a basic tune be worth it? I have no headers, cam, or CAI.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Drive 2.5 hrs north to my buddies at East Texas Muscle Cars in Longview. Well worth the drive. They do the work on my 9sec beast.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
absolutely. Especially because you'll be back, the mod bug will bite!
I hope so! I just wanna be able to "smoke" the new 5.0 mustangs. LOL

·
Registered
58 Posts
gforce-tx.com/

I just had a cat-back installed by these guys, but they can do a hell of a lot more than that, and they have plenty of experience with LS motors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
gforce-tx.com/

I just had a cat-back installed by these guys, but they can do a hell of a lot more than that, and they have plenty of experience with LS motors.
sandman i cant tell what color your g8 is? i'm asking cause i just order those firehawk rims and i wanted to see what you think of them.

·
Premium Member
6,951 Posts
sandman i cant tell what color your g8 is? i'm asking cause i just order those firehawk rims and i wanted to see what you think of them.
It's in his signature 2009 PBM (panther black metallic) G8 GT Sport/Premium Rotofab CAI, Corsa Catback, SC Cortex Tuned Firehawk Wheels

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
First your going to need more than just a tune to take down 5.0s on regular basis unless they have the *****ty driver mod. Also with no other mods I don't see it being worth to driver several hours to find a tuner. Hell you're in houston there has to be several adequate LS tuners in your area. Also there is always the email tune option. Just a cortex may do what you are looking for (except for smoke those 5.0s...haha).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yup, a good old black G8 here. I like the wheels, but you can understand I'm a little peeved at the current price. I paid the full $1300 for these damn things!! Now they are on sale for half that!! I bought mine when they first came out for aftermarket sale. Mine are BLACK tho, not the anthricite (gun metal?) picture that is picture on the SLP website.

But back to the the idea of beating the Mustangs- with my mods (see below) I have run a few of the 5.0 mustangs at RPR, and it has been close most of the time, with them edging me out. But it really depends on the driver of the stang. They should be beating me hands down, but they have to know how to launch and shift those stangs to do that.

I would say with a CAI, cat back and a GOOD TUNE (i.e. better than the Superchips I have) you should be running even with the stock 5.0s.

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
Anyone from around the Houston area, that knows of a good performance shop that I can take my GT to?

Thanks in advance.
It all depends on what you want done. I would not drive 2 hours to get exhaust work done, but would (and did) drive 2 hours to have my converter installed. Simple bolt ons and a simple tune can be had several places.

Gforce
LMR
Icon Autosports
510 Engineering

I've had an ICOn tune on my camaro. Pretty good.
I have a LSX Dyno tune on the G8.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I bought the car from some navy guy and the only performance bolt on he put on it was some flowmaster exhaust but I want to add a varram cai and some quick time e cutouts. And I'm no reall familiar with the forums abbreviations like the colors of the cars or familiar with certain parts like "cat backs" " catch can" I'm a newbie lol

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
I forgot to mention another shop...

Todds Garage!!!

As you progress in your mod search, you will learn the lingo. Just ask if you have more specific questions.
Just be thankful you are not dealing with a Power stroke diesel...Talk about CONFUSING ABBREVIATIONS!!!!

Also, since you are in the area, if you want to try out a different muffler setup, give me a shout. I just took off some turbo muffs that had decent idle growl, and were fairly quiet up top with almost no drone. I'd be glad to loan them out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well I bought the car from some navy guy and the only performance bolt on he put on it was some flowmaster exhaust but I want to add a varram cai and some quick time e cutouts. And I'm no reall familiar with the forums abbreviations like the colors of the cars or familiar with certain parts like "cat backs" " catch can" I'm a newbie lol
We were all Newbs at one point, some people seem to forget that. You'll catch the lingo soon enough. Just start reading threads, and learn to use the search function. It will probably answer most of your questions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I forgot to mention another shop...

Todds Garage!!!

As you progress in your mod search, you will learn the lingo. Just ask if you have more specific questions.
Just be thankful you are not dealing with a Power stroke diesel...Talk about CONFUSING ABBREVIATIONS!!!!

Also, since you are in the area, if you want to try out a different muffler setup, give me a shout. I just took off some turbo muffs that had decent idle growl, and were fairly quiet up top with almost no drone. I'd be glad to loan them out.
That would be AWESOME!! The flowmasters sound alright i guess but i want more of the head turning factor for people to at least hear me pass by. I'm taking the family to the houston zoo today around noon, if your in the area you can give me a call. I really would like to try those turbos.

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
I'm in Lake Jackson.
I'll be in Tomball tomorrow. Is that closer to you?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I just moved to Houston last month so I don't know where that is. I live off of 290 and 1960

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm in Lake Jackson.
I'll be in Tomball tomorrow. Is that closer to you?
Well I just moved to Houston last month so I don't know where that is. I live off of 290 and 1960

Thats pretty close...LOL !!!

ARD out in Katy is another one to add to the list...I guess HPE would be close to you if they are still around...

EDIT: Just tried to look them up (HPE, Horsepower Engineering) and looks like they have closed up shop...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts