Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a GXP/LS3 I have full exhaust, intake, HSRK and soon Kooks LTs I really want to add a cam when I install the headers.

I want something that will be worth it in terms of gains without needing a bunch of supporting mods.
Replacing the springs is ok but I dont want to have to replace the stall, and a lot of other things if I can help it.

I was looking into maybe the ZL1 or LS9 cam based on price point, but if there are better options im all ears! Im looking for gain in the 50whp+ range if i can, and it is a DD so it needs to be street friendly

Most of the forum posts are about these cams in the 6.0 and not the 6.3 which will probably be much less significant in terms of gains.

Please If someone could give me a build list of necessary mods with each cam (or different cam) and then also suggested mods to do with it. Also expected gains with the LS3

Thank yoU!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Check out this somewhat dated cam comparo for the LS3. Should give you a basic starting point:
http://www.gmhightechperformance.co...y_ls3_engine_camshaft_comparison/viewall.html

I think everyone here will agree that the LS9 cam is cheap and very driveable, but not ideally suited for making power NA with it's 122 LSA. Same goes for the LSA (the motor) cam in the ZL1/CTS-V which is even more tame.

It is true you won't get as much of a gain as us L76 guys because our cam really sucks due to keeping the stress off the AFM lifters.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah. dont put a boost cam in. I would be surfing the fifth gen camaro boards for obvious reasons. otherwise talk to Patrick Guerra or Rick Crawford about speccing a cam to your individual needs.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys thanks for the info, Ill keep searching. Whats the easiest way to get a hold of Pat G and where is he located? I heard great things..
Anyone else have input?

·
Registered
351 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts