Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll!

Looking to get started on working on my new G8! I've been thinking about putting a good cold air intake on it, but I'm not too sure which would work best for the LY7. Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
F1rehawk
747 Posts
Your two best options are the VCM OTR and the Rotofab CAI. I have the VCM and I love it. Harder to install but better gains (according to dyno sheets). You can go wrong with either of them.

·
F1rehawk
747 Posts
You will also need a tune after to make the best of that mod.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Am only aware of two cold air intakes for the G8 V6 (K&N and Roto-Fab). Will have to shop around for the lowest price and installation is pretty straight forward. The air filters come pre-oiled and must be periodically recharged (re-oiled). K&N's recharge kits are sold separately, but am unsure if the same applies to Roto-Fab. Many people caution against oil-filled cold air intakes since there is a possibility of over oiling which might cause mass airflow sensor problems, but never had that issue. Also, some have said the air filters don't filter as well as standard drop-in filters which could cause engine damage, but am not particularly concerned about the likelihood of it happening. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts