Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know how many of you have pretty much spotless exhaust tips on the inner rim after let's say 2-3 weeks of driving, vs black carbon buildup after 2 - 3 weeks of driving. I currently have almost no carbon buildup after two to three weeks of driving. What's weird, is I remember periods of time in the past where I would have carbon build-up after 4 days. Something has definitely changed. Car is running amazing. Hoping I am not too lean.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Check you spark plugs, if you want to see if you are running Lean. Pure white is lean, should be beige to red/brown on the insulator pending on what additives are used in the gas in your area

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check you spark plugs, if you want to see if you are running Lean. Pure white is lean, should be beige to red/brown on the insulator pending on what additives are used in the gas in your area
Ha. I change my spark plugs so frequently that they don't have time to get color ! But seriously, I'm just wondering why it fluctuates between not having carbon buildup on the tips and sometimes I can get carbon buildup within days. I hear no pinging, it's funny, because if I switch to a different tune that I have stored, I can get heavy black exhaust tips in same day. So bizarre.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts