Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined G8board about 6 months ago and have been looking for a G8 GXP in white for some time now. I see there are 2 red ones currently for sale with under 70k miles both for around $24k (on GarGurus). One is a 1 owner in IN the other is a manual in TX. Can't ever seem to find a white manual. Don't want a low mile car as I am going to drive it, not store it! Just a nice, 1 owner, well taken care of car.

My biggest question to all of you is how easy is it to get parts now and down the road? If I am going to but a car to drive, and put another 100k miles on it in 5-10 years, will I have issues with maintenance and finding parts? And if I were to get in an accident, can you still get parts to put it back together?

Thanks in advance for all comments.

TED in Arizona

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
The only thing that is Truely unique is the front bumper and rear bumper insert on a GXP. The rest is just a G8. Engine and trans is GM. Camaros can supply suspension in a pinch/upgrade. Unless you hit it real hard, Used parts can fix it. Or buy a GT and add an LS3 (or better) and a manual and make it

·
Registered
129 Posts
As far as the engine goes, it's an LS engine. You'll never have problems getting parts for it. You can still get parts for Gen III engines no problem. Plenty of aftermarket solutions for supporting systems like suspension, steering, and braking that will also extend the life of the car. G8only.com and commodorespecialites.com will be your friends.

Reactions: G8 GXP WannaBe

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I haven’t had too many issues yet, but I’ve also started keeping a few spare parts around, just in case. For example, I have a new rear diffuser and front bumper sitting in the garage, in case I ever get in a wreck. Also have extra hood scoops and rear spoiler as they tend to fly off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts