Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for wider wheels to further enhance my suspension mods. I am lowered and would like to keep the Wheels the same size at all 4 corners, i will stick with 19" wheels because i'd like to use up my current Tires if possible. What is the largest width wheel that the stock 19" rubber will fit on. I'm hoping 9" is possible.

·
Supporting Vendor
730 Posts
Thank you for the post spider.

Your factory 245/40-19 tires have an approved rim width range of 8" to 9.5" so it is possible to go with a 9" wide wheel on four corners.

Offset wise I would look for a wheel that has a +35mm to +40mm offset.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the answer, That helps tremedously. It kinda blows my mind that a tire that fits on an 8" rim would be safe stretched to fit a 9.5" rim. but if it works. Is it possible to do 9.5 at all 4 corners or does that cause rubbing in the front. Oh and i am lowered 1.5" in the front and 2" in the back. Fenders not rolled but considering doing that. What is the widest tire size that will fit on a 9" rim and which offset pushes the tire further out? +35mm or +45mm

·
Supporting Vendor
730 Posts
^
The lower the offset, the more the wheel will push out towards the fender and away from the suspension. The higher the offset, the more the wheel will tuck in away from the fender and torwards the suspension (when the same rim width is compared).

With the drop you are running I wouldn't go any wider than 9" although it is possible to fit a 9.5" wide wheel on all 4 corners with modifications to camber and the front fenders.

The max width tire I would suggest running on a 9" wide wheel on your application is 255 assuming the offset is closer to +40mm. If you go with a wheel with a lower offset (+35mm for example) I would stick with the OEM size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Discount Tire
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing