Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been looking into getting a gxp for some time now. But haven’t really found any I really liked because of either how many miles were on them or how much they wanted for them. But I think I’ve found the one I want. Hopefully I will be the owner of a white hot a6 gxp with 12,400 miles on it within the next week. (Waiting for my grand prix gxp to be sold). But anyways I plan on going full bore into modding the crap out of it.

I already know I want to go with kooks 1 7/8 long tube headers, rotofab carbon fiber cai, full pedders suspension kit (either street II or street xa) whichever one allows for better adjustability of ride height, and 20in vossen black machined vvs cv3 wheels.

I’m not quite sure what I want to go with for a supercharger though. I’ve seen alot of members here with magnachargers and a few with prochargers but I haven’t really seen anyone state the pros and cons of both. Any suggestions here?

Also I’m not sure what exhaust or tune to go with?

I’m open to all suggestions so feel free to give your opinion on what I should do.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
kooks 1 7/8 long tube headers + high flow cats + kooks midpipe + GXP mufflers sounds pretty good and low drone

procharger vs magnacharger will be a topic that you'll have to spend a bunch of time researching. Both are great options and you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Just a question but if you plan on going mod crazy, why spend the extra on an auto gxp? I can understand if you wanted to do only bolt ons or get into a manual. Save that extra 5-10k you will spend on a gxp and get a blower cam and Gen 2 ctsv brakes. Then do your mods. Once you swap wheels and suspension you really aren't gaining much by paying the premium for a gxp. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because i want to have a "collectable" not a car that has 25 thousand others just like it. and thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I understand that but once you change everything its no longer collectable. and unless you put less than a thousand miles a year no one cares.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not really about what other people care about. and im gonna make it a garage queen and only taken out on the days that are worthy of it being out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i understand. Im mostly asking for opinions on mods. Like exhaust, fi or na, and what suspension to go with

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
L32 > LS4, lol. j/k

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea. I definitely want kooks long tubes. But Idk what catback to get.. either borla or kooks. Idk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
QTownG8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing