1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
if you give me that trans am and 6k ill do it :)

but the V6 is a great car.. especially if you want the car for appearance... theyre not the fastest cars but not the slowest.. i have a decent amount of mods done and i smoke alot of cars out there but my V6 is mostly for looks.

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
Theres some days I wish I had the V8, but for the most part, I love my 6. Try to find one that has the better stereo. This includes the dual zone climate control that will warm/cool the car to 70 degrees when you use the remote start. There is the option of adding a CAI and axleback exhaust like hazer mentioned that will give you a little extra. I added the GT rotors and caliper brackets to give mine a little bit bigger brakes. So there are a few mods out there or the V6.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just traded my V6 yesterday for a V8. What a world of difference. The stock V8 is awesome. At the same time, I loved my V6. Good fuel economy, and not slow at all. It is a great car. If there was no v8 option, I would have kept the V6 forever.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I just traded my V6 yesterday for a V8. What a world of difference. The stock V8 is awesome. At the same time, I loved my V6. Good fuel economy, and not slow at all. It is a great car. If there was no v8 option, I would have kept the V6 forever.

That's awesome. For some reason the other day I let my mind wander and almost considered getting a G8 V6 as my winter car. My GT is staying... one way or another.

Don't think the MISSES would go for 2 g8's plus her ride in a 2 driver household. Hmmmm... oh well. Glad it was just a thought. :drink::slap::driving::driving:

·
Registered
103 Posts
We have a G8 Base as my wife's daily driver. Other than the upgraded stereo, sunroof and a K&N air filter, it's stock. It's been a great car and the biggest reason I went looking for the G8 GT. The GT is of course a whole other experience, but we've been pleased with the V6. Like others have commented, for a car of this size, it goes well and has reasonably good fuel economy. It certainly can be modified and like all the G8's, it looks great.

I feel lucky and blessed to be a two G8 family!

·
Registered
947 Posts
The V6 is a very good car. Any inherent problems are fixable with after market parts. Mine is a crusier, hence the suspension mods. If I were to go with the V8, it would have to be the GXP. Personally, I do not care for the AFM on the 6.0, but then again I would deactivate it.

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts
I love my G8, good luck with your search. :)

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
I love my G8, good luck with your search. :)
He's seeking to acquire information for a V6 versus a V8...:slap:...:wink2:.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Can't go wrong either way...

·
Registered
682 Posts
I purchased a pure base V6 model brand new. I have been a car guy forever and this is what I saw in this car. The standard features included rear wheel drive, dual chrome tipped exhaust, fog lights, an interior that has a fantastic looking cloth seating surface (leather always seams to degrade over time), and very good looking 18" wheels. My gas mileage averages over the past 16,000 miles has been 23mpg. I get over 25mpg on the highway when setting the cruise at 72 which includes stops along the way. I do not have the fancy radio with a screen, leather or sunroof but what I have done is greatly improved my suspension with a Pedders kit, my engine with a CAI and my sound system which is better than any car company could have installed. My budget is also protected from endless engine modifications that would be possible with a V8. How many guys are selling their G8's because of the family budget, I have seen this a lot recently on this board due to all those mods. That's how I see it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I came from a 260 hp Grand Prix GTP. I'll never go back to a V6 again unless it comes with a stock turbo. Even then I'd prefer to have the sound of a V8.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I love my V6, but now that i've modded the crap out of it and everyone thinks it's a 8 and want to race me i've done all i can do for motor performance and don't wanna put anymore money into it.

I've already looked into upgrading to a GT but it's not finacially possible. I have too much negative equity in mine i'd be looking at 45k for a gt with 1200/mth payment............no thanks. So i'm just gonna save up and do a powertrain swap

·
Registered
864 Posts
I love my V6, but now that i've modded the crap out of it and everyone thinks it's a 8 and want to race me i've done all i can do for motor performance and don't wanna put anymore money into it.

I've already looked into upgrading to a GT but it's not finacially possible. I have too much negative equity in mine i'd be looking at 45k for a gt with 1200/mth payment............no thanks. So i'm just gonna save up and do a powertrain swap
Need some video with some sound LowCal... does it sound as good as it looks????

·
Registered
426 Posts
it aight lol

no vids, i'll have to get some

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trying the for sale forum. Looking for something stock or very close to it.

Mac

1 - 16 of 16 Posts