Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not savvy when it comes to this stuff. I am looking to do hid's and fogs so that they are the same, or very similar color (prefer the whiter end of the spectrum like 5k). Any recommendations would be appreciated. It sounds like people are doing LEDs, but can hid lights work without melting the housing? Who is a good vendor to get the kits from? Also curious about installing them as I am not good with electronics or wiring. I also see that some people talk about a wiring harness for hid's. Does this harness come with the kits, or is it extra. Again, thanks for any input.

·
2009 G8 GXP
446 Posts
pick your hids and then pick low watt - 25 watt fog hids to match. the headlights will be pnp but not sure if the fog connectors are available now as pnp. get the relay kit for both

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
i'd hold out on fogs until we get something that's functional. do the hids now. you're not saving any money or time doing them at once.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I have Spencer hids for the past 6 months, others have been running them for 2+ years no melt issues. They match perfect.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
pick your hids and then pick low watt - 25 watt fog hids to match. the headlights will be pnp but not sure if the fog connectors are available now as pnp. get the relay kit for both
Dumb question, but pnp is plug n play I assume?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts