Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My g8 is the best car i have had and is not going anywhere anytime soon. The problems I had with the car was that bumpers did not match perfectly color wise. The front bumper looked as if it was sand blasted!

Well I ran over a boulder and spider cracked the front and rear bumper along with damaging the stock exhaust a few weeks ago and filed a claim. I was able to get the corsa cat-back and gxp diffuser with the deal.

I work at an auto body shop so i fixed the bumpers, chips in the fenders/hood, and was blending the fenders and 1/4s. This would mean everything would match perfectly and no issues.

Well....... I ended up cracking the paint when rolling the 1/4s and had to do body work. This means I needed to blend to the rear doors. Well we went ahead and just did all four doors. So now everything other than rood, and deck lid was painted.

The chrome grills were painted black and front emblem was removed also. Here is the pics from today before i took her home!

I still have some cleaning up to do, but i can not wait to get my new wheels on it to complete the car for the summer. It turned out great!

Here are the wheels that will be going on, but a light gunmetal color.

They are sitting in my kitchen waiting to get painted and put on(when spring comes)

Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
looks awesome great color

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Looks nice! And shiny! I'm liking the arrow head delete on the front bumper more and more...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
786 Posts
what color is that? it doesnt look like pbm but also doesnt look like mgm, sorta inbetween. Looks great though!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks good man! I'm really envious of the Corsa... that was the exhaust I really wanted.

You going to be able to make it to the Pontiac Rally in May?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Looking good. I can't wait to get some funds to do my front bumper and get those holes filled.It needs it any way from our dreaded paint chip issue. After painting almost the whole car ,I'd be pissed if anything happened. Almost wouldn't wanna drive it lol. Gotta get a few more pics to us after the rims are on and its all said and done .
See your in Wisconsin. My father is in Appleton. Was there for Christmas. Friendly people. Was at the mall there and noticed that the girls dress a lot more conservatively then here in new york. Lol .

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Looks awesome! I like the color. I'm looking forward to seeing it with the rims on.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the exhaust! Sounds amazing, too bad its been wet and snowy out so i have not opened it up much. I am scarred to wash it lol i am scarred for the swirl marks!

I will get more pics once it is nice. I need some sun and time to take some dslr shots! I know spring will have tons of shots of the car :)

What is this Pontiac rally you speak of?!?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I love the exhaust! Sounds amazing, too bad its been wet and snowy out so i have not opened it up much. I am scarred to wash it lol i am scarred for the swirl marks!

I will get more pics once it is nice. I need some sun and time to take some dslr shots! I know spring will have tons of shots of the car :)

What is this Pontiac rally you speak of?!?
Here you go man:
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67723&highlight=

I can't wait to get the G8 cleaned up for some good photos too. I never got a chance to do it before winter.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Looks great! Can't wait to see pics with those wheels on it

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what color is that? it doesnt look like pbm but also doesnt look like mgm, sorta inbetween. Looks great though!
MGM. This color has more brown in it than the stock one. I did not plan this, but this is what the stock color code came up with and it didn't blend right. I could tell it was not right, so we ended up just repainting the car lol. There was a series of miscommunication that led to the easiest way out was to just do it all this color rather than reblending it to a closer matching color. I am happy with the results.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was decent out today so i brought the camera with when we were doing some running around. I ended up stopping to get a quick wash so i could take a picture or two. Little did i know it was not a touchless car wash!!! It was too late by the time i realized it :( I normally wash it at work so i forgot which one was touchless in town.

Some more pictures as promised :) I will get more in the next few weeks when my wheels go on

·
Registered
805 Posts
Looks great! Love the arrowhead delete and Holden badge in back, now everyone will drive by and be like... WTF?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have had a few more people checking the car out on the freeway now, and the exhaust defiantly brings more attention. I hate this weather, i want spring so i can put on my new wheels!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tell me about it man! I had mine out pretty much all day yesterday and had to squirrel it away when the snow hit today.

I'm going to have to drive it tomorrow to get the windows tinted.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have been considering taking my tint off, any input? I have always loved tint, but i think with the chrome blacked out it may look nice without it and i also hate getting pulled over by state troopers every time i come home from drill in stevenspoint. No joke i have been pulled over 6 times in the last 8 months for tint and no front Licence plate on sunday coming home :?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rims Are Installed ;) Pics Coming Soon.

·
Enthusiast
965 Posts
Keep the tint, and get rid of the chrome handles!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts