Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
J
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LSX “StreetBeast-DOD” Camshaft KitOur mid-range dual-purpose DOD-AFM spec camshaft kit.
Custom “StreetBeast” Series Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
PAC Racing 1218 Beehive Valve Springs - Max Lift .600”
Steel Shelled Viton Valve Stem Seals

FTI Pro-Series, One Piece Hardened Pushrods
$799 Shipped!

LSX “StreetSweeper-DOD” Camshaft KitOur most popular dual purpose grinds. Big torque and power maker.
FTI Seven Degree Chromemoly Retainers
FTI Hardened Seven Degree Valve Locks

$950
Shipped!

LSX “StreetSweeper-DOD” Deluxe Camshaft KitOur most popular dual purpose grinds. Big torque and power maker.
Yella-Terra L92 Aluminum Roller Rockers

FTI Seven Degree Chromemoly Retainers
FTI Hardened Seven Degree Valve Locks

$1350 complete & Shipped!

All the above cams are designed to work with the DOD/AFM for your car so you can get the best of both worlds. Orders will be placed as received once we are out of stock it could take a couple weeks for you to receive yours as they will need to be ground then shipped.

*Prices shipped are to the lower 48 states

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think that most of us would like a bit more information. I realize that EdC holds cam specs close to the vest, but how about some dyno charts, etc. These cars are so new that there simply is a small database, and as much info as possible will really help the decisionmaking process.

J
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I had a dyno chart of each of these I would have posted them. I don't currently as I have one car coming in for the middle choice so I can keep you up to date. The best thing here is that you can keep your DOD and gain power. As Far as how much power results will vary so I could post up graphs of what cars here have done but considering no 2 are the same its really not that accurate.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If I had a dyno chart of each of these I would have posted them. I don't currently as I have one car coming in for the middle choice so I can keep you up to date. The best thing here is that you can keep your DOD and gain power. As Far as how much power results will vary so I could post up graphs of what cars here have done but considering no 2 are the same its really not that accurate.
That sounds good, and I'd hope that most people looking to install a cam, or have one installed, will understand that no 2 cars are the same. But seeing a car with x,y,z for mods and then adding a cam with before and after dyno runs gives people a decent ball park figure given that it shouldn't vary THAT much. One car shouldn't gain 40 rwhp when another gains 12 as long as mods are similar.

J
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No but considering these cams are pretty new we haven't tried every variant let alone on multiple cars hence the sale as we would love to have more people out there running them. Plus you get the "cool" factor of being at the cutting edge of cam technology. Most of the cams that are avail for the g8's delete the DOD and some people would like to preserve that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It cost zero dollars to be a decent human being man. I haven’t found a cam that is dual purpose that allows you to keep DOD yet. I was just looking for some help.

·
F1rehawk
806 Posts
It cost zero dollars to be a decent human being man. I haven’t found a cam that is dual purpose that allows you to keep DOD yet. I was just looking for some help.
Why would you want to keep the faulty and weak DOD system? Might as well do it right while you're in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m just learning that the DOD lifters aren’t reliable no matter what you do to try and make the system better. I saw the old post with a custom DOD cam to save some gas mileage on long trips and was like cool I’ll just put new DOD lifters in! It would have been nice to have best of both worlds. Looks like that’s not gonna happen.

·
F1rehawk
806 Posts
I’m just learning that the DOD lifters aren’t reliable no matter what you do to try and make the system better. I saw the old post with a custom DOD cam to save some gas mileage on long trips and was like cool I’ll just put new DOD lifters in! It would have been nice to have best of both worlds. Looks like that’s not gonna happen.
Yeah unfortunately you'll have to upgrade to lifters as well. Most of us use the LS7 lifters (not the knockoff Delphis). The better option is the Johnson 2110.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did do some research but apparently not enough. I thought since they have a custom DOD cam then you could find some reliable lifters to go with. This forum has a purpose and that’s to help each other out when we have questions even if it sounds like a dumb one. I don’t appreciate the disrespect in the first place bro. United we stand Divided we fall. Think about it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
My first post was some good natured ball busting, hence the references to Letterkenny.
My second post was to point out your hypocrisy in being insulted by my first post when your first post insults the entire board by resurrecting a 10 year old thread on a topic that has been thoroughly exhausted over the last 20+ years (cams in LS engines) both here and all over the internet.
Yet rather than recognizing that, you double down on the perceived indignation I've caused you. Your behavior exemplifies the "noob mentality" that is often mocked in online forums. Having said all that, I'll simply add to what others here have said; DOD is a poor execution of a great theory. Best to eliminate it and choose a cam that will meet your desired power and drivability goals. If mpg's are a major concern, you bought the wrong car. Good luck, bro.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
This shop went out of business years ago. Just an fyi. Are you here in AZ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts