Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my SOLO Mach catback exhaust mounted on my GXP on Friday, and I love how it sounds! I was a little nervous that it was going to be too loud for my liking, but it seems just right. It has a nice throaty growl to it at idle, and good sound as the revs climb. I haven't had it over 4000 rpm yet since I'm breaking in a new clutch, but I can't wait to hear it at WOT. While driving at highway speeds there is no drone, and it's easy to hold a conversation at normal levels.

I am thrilled to see that you will now be offering HF Cats and pipes that will match up to Kooks LR Headers. That will be my next significant improvement, and I'm glad that I'll be able to use them with this exhaust!

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
Joe, did ya get balanced or unbalanced?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Vids please, if possible. I've been wrestling endlessly with what to do for exhaust for mine.

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
I'm leaning towards Mach Unbalanced. I already have the Solo cats.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I should have specified that it's the Mach Balanced system.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Awesome news; Wait until they carbon up for a few hundred miles or so, it'll sound even better!

And yes, the Kooks LT's and SOLO connection pipes are a good upgrade when the time comes, trust me!

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I bought mine used from someone who had about 4000 miles on their G8, I think the carbon process was already started for me. I just know that I like it so far. I have a few concerns about the sound once I go with LTs and hi-flo cats, but we shall see!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Great to hear that you love your kit. Welcome to the SOLO family and let us know if you ever need anything. Have a great day!!

Steve, Jeff, and the SOLO family

·
Adept Oil Taste Tester
51 Posts
Loving my new Solo Axle Backs... thanks to Jack @ Zoro Muffler in Mississauga. I was in and out in 15 minutes and could not be happier with the service and especially the sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts