Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dry traction of these tires has been great. I mainly replaced the new RS-As that came with my car due to the lack of wet traction.
Last night I was driving in heavy rain and talking with my daughter on the phone. I forgot that a section of the highway floods when we have heavy rain. I was running around 60mph with the cruise set.
With low visibility and the slight distraction of the phone conversation, I realized what was happening as the water started flying. I never hit the brakes and I never lost traction. That section of highway is about 50-60 yards long of 6-8 inches deep of water.
I am extremely happy with these tires.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I just put these on my car last week. Awesome so far.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Michelins rock. I have the PS2s on my syclone and primacy ZPs on my Gxp.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nod, run them on my GXP. I'm pleased with both wet and dry performance. They are not magic though, and they are a summer compound and don't work super well when it gets cold. I couldn't hook at ALL see my sig. LOL. No traction 1st or 2nd.

Looking forward to trying to hook when it warms up and my clutch is replaced.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Just mounted mine recently also with my new wheels. Pricey but I love 'em. I couldn't get the TOYO Proxe's in a 285 for the rear so I went with the Michelin SS's.

·
Registered
211 Posts
They are not magic though, and they are a summer compound and don't work super well when it gets cold. I couldn't hook at ALL see my sig. LOL. No traction 1st or 2nd.
Well they are a high performance summer tire.;)

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Just got some on mine too.
I'm waiting for the coating to come off. But so far I can tell a definite difference between they and the S-Drives I had before.
Plus, they look kick ass!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
How do the PSS compare to the PS2 for those who have driven on both?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just put a set of these on mine last week too (size in sig). Wet traction is outstanding, straight line dry traction is outstanding.. haven't had a chance to do any serious on ramp/off ramp stuff yet, but so far... LOVING them.

Added performance bonus: car is faster because my wallet is so much lighter!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just put them on the GXP and I love them!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I love them as well! Wet and dry traction is phenomenal!

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Has anyone ran through a set yet? I hear tread life isn't so good.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
I drove them a bit more aggressively today.
What an amazing tire! I think it has to be the best performance tire I've ever had.
It handles road irregularities nicely. The car feels very stuck to the road on turns.
And I can tell a noticeable difference when accelerating. One thing that I noticed quite immediately is my Maggie whines more when accelerating hard. I am guessing this is because the tires are gripping the road on the shifts and not spinning as before.
I can only imagine what a drag radial would feel like!

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
One thing that I noticed quite immediately is my Maggie whines more when accelerating hard.
OH suuuure!!! Rub that in why dontcha!!? ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Has anyone ran through a set yet? I hear tread life isn't so good.
?

Tire Rack said:
....Building on the development of racing tires designed to carry Prototype and GT class cars to endurance race victories at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, 12 Hours of Sebring and Road Atlanta's Petit Lemans, Pilot Super Sport tires are designed to deliver consistent performance and longevity by blending Max Performance driving characteristics with extended tread wear.

While the importance of tire treadwear in endurance racing may not be immediately apparent, Michelin tires set records during the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2010. One of the 2010 LMP Class leaders completed 46 consecutive laps on one set of tires with an average pace just 1% off of the pole position qualifying time. That’s almost 400 racing miles on one set of tires at an average speed of 150 mph.

Additionally the overall winner used just 11 sets of tires to cover a record 3,362 miles, averaging nearly 140 mph and almost 300 racing miles per set of tires. That represented almost a 25% wear improvement compared to just one year earlier where the overall winner needed 14 sets of tires to cover 3,235 miles. By developing longer wearing racing tires without sacrificing performance, Michelin tires allowed the teams to run record race paces while converting some of the time previously spent changing tires in the pits into productive time covering more miles on the track...
& a Treadwear rating of: 300

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
I've had PS2s and they were amazing. I've got the PSS and they're beyond that. Stick like **** to a blanket. Limpet-like grip. I bought these Breyton rims simply because they came with almost-new PSS already installed.

When it comes to high performance rubber, you DO get what you pay for.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts