Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the LCA issues with the G8 has been beaten to death, but I have one more question. Like 99% of the members on this board my LCA have been replaced, luckily under warranty/good will. Fast forward 2 years and my car is pushing 110000Km it sounds like LCA are bad again. So the questions I have are:

1. Does GM just put the same defective part on the car, which will obviously fail again?
2. Does the replacement part come with a warranty or do I have to eat the cost to fix it this time.
3. Anyone else have this problem more than once?
4. If I have to replace the LCA on my dime. Who makes a quality aftermarket LCA?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I know the LCA issues with the G8 has been beaten to death, but I have one more question. Like 99% of the members on this board my LCA have been replaced, luckily under warranty/good will. Fast forward 2 years and my car is pushing 110000Km it sounds like LCA are bad again. So the questions I have are:

1. Does GM just put the same defective part on the car, which will obviously fail again?
2. Does the replacement part come with a warranty or do I have to eat the cost to fix it this time.
3. Anyone else have this problem more than once?
4. If I have to replace the LCA on my dime. Who makes a quality aftermarket LCA?

Thanks
1. Dealer puts on whatever parts the computer lists. Its up to the engineers to update problems with parts.

2. 12 month/12,000 miles usually

3. I don't know

4. You will have to replace them on your dime. WAY out of bumper to bumper. I don't think anyone makes front control arms. I've only seen rears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.