Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m stump on this issue. New ebiach lowering springs but the pass side much lower. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Could it be that the drivers side suspension was tightened while it was still jacked up. Or check the spring being seated the same on both sides of the rear suspension

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
Any extra weight in the trunk and/or back seat?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could it be that the drivers side suspension was tightened while it was still jacked up. Or check the spring being seated the same on both sides of the rear suspension
This was doing the same thing when I had stock springs on as well. I’ve been leaning towards camber

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
New springs installed and you didn’t have the alignment done?

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac G8 aka Karma
268 Posts
So you had this leaning on one side problem before the new springs? You were figuring new springs would fix the issue?

Why do you think it's the camber? That's really a different thing. Camber should be negative although I don't know exactly how negative offhand.

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you had this leaning on one side problem before the new springs? You were figuring new springs would fix the issue?

Why do you think it's the camber? That's really a different thing. Camber should be negative although I don't know exactly how negative offhand.
I’m thinking camber because I saw a guy post his was the same way the camber was out of wack on one side and cause it to sit lower

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had this with my koni/tein combo. It definitely has some to do with your alignment, also I think it has some to do with the fuel tank and how it is not necessarily even levels on both sides of the saddle style fuel tank in these cars. I could be wrong on that but it always seemed to be pretty even side to side with a full tank and get worst at 1/2-1/3 full. In this case it all adds up. If one side upper spring seat is on the outer edge of the bolt slots and inboard on the other combined with not great alignment.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well if the camber is that far off, you should have some serious inside tire wear showing.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Did the alignment shop not give you a printout of the before and after specs? Then you can “see” if there is a problem. If not, then there is something bent. How long a go did this start sagging on the passenger side

·
Registered
508 Posts
Top mount bushing is busted. Ask me how I know.

Use the washer to press it out/new one in.

Also a good chance your inner upper control arm bushings are trash at this point. Definitely want someone to inspect them well.

Reactions: GXP25
1 - 14 of 14 Posts