Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I'm tired of the 4X4 look. I'm debating about the EIbach pro springs with FE3 shocks and struts. Benefits to this include cost and I work for GM so I get a discount. THe sales guy told me the FE3 is non refundable if it doesn't fit. Kind of weird. It is a direct bolt on right?

I have +35 offset wheels that I hear will rub so a part of me thinks BC coilovers are the answer. I can play with the height to lower the front a little more than the rear. What is holding me back is not knowing if it's a direct bolt on, hearing that I need to drill a hole in my Inner wheelhouse and cost.

Please help me decide and let me know where you got it installed. Is the install $500 ish? I found a website (CDN) that will ship the BC's for $1240 taxes in or the Eibachs for $350. I can get the FE3 for $600. I am also planning to buy the strut mounts and bearings from BMR.

WOrry for the long post. Your help is appreciated.

KJ

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
FE3s are a direct bolt on. Nothing special needed. As far as rubbing goes, need to know wheel size AND offsets to know if they'll rub.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
You should be fine. I have a similar setup but I'm running 245s with room to spare.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Good to know. I've been debating Eibachs to pair with the 245/35/20 on the 20x8.5 +35 Breytons.

But at that price, BC's are mighty tempting!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I'm not guaranteeing the fitment but I can tell you I've got around half an inch or so of clearance right now so 10 mm more tread is less than half an inch so...should be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
EiBach's should drop you about 0.8 inches. I got that complete setup waiting to go on anytime now, BMR strut bushings, FE3s and EIbachs. The only thing is that I'm running with stock wheels/rubber.

Will post my results.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Or might just say $#%@ IT and go GXP :gears:

^ "DO THIS!!!" says a miniature version of me standing on your shoulder holding a pitchfork

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
^ "DO THIS!!!" says a miniature version of me standing on your shoulder holding a pitchfork
Plan is already in the works my friend! I'm currently sitting at a yellow (before green, i.e. clutch) light, waiting to get the GREEN! The thing standing inbetween me and the green.... We have to pay off the Truck and our new Camper Trailer first. ETA GXP... 2ish years, hopefully :yumyum:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EiBach's should drop you about 0.8 inches. I got that complete setup waiting to go on anytime now, BMR strut bushings, FE3s and EIbachs. The only thing is that I'm running with stock wheels/rubber.

Will post my results.
Awesome. I'm going to start buying the same set up. Where did you buy your parts? Brokerage fees a pain?

Maybe we can get an install price for the 2 of us. Might save us a few bucks.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Awesome. I'm going to start buying the same set up. Where did you buy your parts? Brokerage fees a pain?
I'll fire you a PM on this.

Maybe we can get an install price for the 2 of us. Might save us a few bucks.
Sorry, I got a guy lined up. A pro-mechanic who also works out of his house. Looking at 1/3 of the install cost plus I'll be helping out where I can.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Good to know. I've been debating Eibachs to pair with the 245/35/20 on the 20x8.5 +35 Breytons.

But at that price, BC's are mighty tempting!

I was going to do this but it will rub.. it already would rub if you put anyting in the back seat (ex. passenger) and hit one of the gardiner connections near lakeshore....

I had springs on my other cars and if you are going to do it you need to do it right (coil overs) and prepare for things breaking (ex. strut tower mounts).

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yeah, I put full-body coilovers on the Civic Wagon. I have to do some tweaking to the preload still, but they're hard to beat.

It's the age old debate of functionality versus stance. Stock doesn't look so bad, and then you see a G8 that's been lowered...

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
It's the age old debate of functionality versus stance. Stock doesn't look so bad, and then you see a G8 that's been lowered...
Yeah, looking at Grant's car back in May really made me realize that although our fender gap really isn't that bad, it can still be improved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.