Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
V6 power
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im keeping 18's on her but i wana get a nice stance...H&R / Pedders/or Lovells , springs are what im looking at...Any info or suggestions are appreciated , tires will be 255/40/18

thanx fellas

·
GM Enthusiast
826 Posts
It seems like the fan favorite around here are the H&R springs. I personally have been running Pedders for 4 years and love them. The stance is great and the struts/shocks help the car handle in the corners.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If u just want springs, your best bet is H&R for the best stance. I have stock 19's with H&R's & the stance is perfect! Anything else will not lower you enough to tell, especially with 18's since they're smaller & you need more drop to eat up that wheel well gap! Plus you'll love the ride, tight but not uncomfortable!

·
V6 power
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fair enough , thanx fellas , ill prolly go with H&R's and get some nice shocks and struts.

·
every village has one
2,335 Posts
If u just want springs, your best bet is H&R for the best stance. I have stock 19's with H&R's & the stance is perfect! Anything else will not lower you enough to tell, especially with 18's since they're smaller & you need more drop to eat up that wheel well gap! Plus you'll love the ride, tight but not uncomfortable!
Stock G8 GT with 18= 245/45/18=26.68 dia
Stock G8 GT with 19= 245/40/19=26.72 dia
Section width is identical @ 9.65
Tire diameter is only 0.04 difference
HTH

·
V6 power
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mite just do coilovers :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
It seems like the fan favorite around here are the H&R springs. I personally have been running Pedders for 4 years and love them. The stance is great and the struts/shocks help the car handle in the corners.
GPDan,

What Pedder's drop springs did you use ?

Thanks, Viper31

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Stock G8 GT with 18= 245/45/18=26.68 dia
Stock G8 GT with 19= 245/40/19=26.72 dia
Section width is identical @ 9.65
Tire diameter is only 0.04 difference
HTH
OP is using 255/40/18; OD is 26.03.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
mite just do coilovers :)
I would think this would be the best if you can afford the price! This way you can control the ride height and get exactly what you are after. One thing to think about with the 18's and the tires you are using is that the car is closer to the ground already; dropping it with HR springs will close up the fender gap nicely but will put you that much closer to the ground so you want to think about possible clearance issues depending on where you drive. Not trying to discourage you at all, just raising a point to consider.

·
GM Enthusiast
826 Posts
Hey Viper, I believe these are the ones I have:

Pedders Sports Ryder G8 Coils
2954 (640mm) Front Sport
2955 (620mm) Rear Sport

Here are some pictures of how the car looks with them on:

Camaro 20s:

Stock 19s:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts