Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Wow, I found 2 additional ones very quickly, but I still plan to dig further just to confirm. I have also found some other cars that are listed as "2EP69 - 2009 VE - Commodore", and am tracking them for future reference. Once happens to be an Opel Pilot car. Here are the additional ones I found (and the early one above):

6G2EP57W69L182220 - MSM M6 Onyx Sunroof
6G2EP57W89L182221 - PSM A6 Onyx No Roof
6G2EP57WX9L182222 - PBM M6 Onyx/Red Sunroof

Obviously, this is going to change some of the production numbers around a bit. It is also going to tweak some of those early built cars sequential build numbers. Sorry about this JonRobbinSS & others. If these are the only 3 new ones, then cars built after those 3 Commodores are removed, won't be affected by this. Stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Another sub 2000

6g2ep57w59l191863

http://www.usacarads.com/detail/Used-2009-Pontiac-Sunfire/IQNaXfaIaXZNXZXPQQN.html

Was for sale this year

Yup, everyone is going to have to redo everything they have bragging about what sequence-how many built ;)
Scratch that VIN above. It is sequenced like a Pontiac G8 GXP VIN would be, but it's not legit. GM shows no vehicle was ever built with this VIN. I looked at the link, and it clearly shows a G8 GXP in the pictures, but the add clearly references a Pontiac Sunfire and $11,000 price. No GXP will sell that cheap maybe ever, unless it's totalled.

Please don't jump to conclusions so quick (and worry folks) about everyone having to redo everything. The 1829 production total from GM has been confirmed from many reliable sources. I know of 3 cars that will likely have to be removed from the current list, but I have now found 3 cars that should be there. This might be the extent of the changes. Please give me a little time to further research. I have already searched nearly 150 VINs, but it takes time. I assure everyone that the Registry will be launched with accurate info.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Please don't jump to conclusions so quick
OK one more before I stop causing trouble :)

The Bitter Vero Sport concept car ,

It is left hand drive, GXP wheels, GXP rear valance AND has a GXP tach.

I doubt if Erich would have added a GXP tach to the car.
So one would have to think the poor thing started life as a GXP

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts

So many great looking VE variants and they tack on that monstrosity of a nose.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts

I never saw that car before. Do you have a way to find out what the last 6 of it's VIN are?

·
Registered
196 Posts
interesting thread! thanks joe. you and i have spoke recently several times in the last several months about Gxps and the location of certain SS's with a manual trans. i bought a GXP with low miles(14K) and will shoot u the VIN # soon.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
interesting thread! thanks joe. you and i have spoke recently several times in the last several months about Gxps and the location of certain SS's with a manual trans. i bought a GXP with low miles(14K) and will shoot u the VIN # soon.
Thank you and congrats!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Just wanted to pop in and give an update. I have searched thru about 400 new VINs and so far I have only found the 3 cars listed above. I will continue my search, and will let everyone know if I find more.

Assuming that I find no more early built cars, a few people will have their early production sequential number change a little. Once I have more certainty of completion, I will notify those owners. Currently, if your production number is #24 or lower, you will need to add 3 to that number. If your production number is #26, #27, or #28, you will need to add 2 to that number. If your production number is #30-#45, you will need to add 1 to that number. Anyone above #47 will remain unchanged.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Thanks Gerry for finding this car that had fallen off the radar completely. I bet it was shipped to Europe now long after its arrival in the US, and that's why there were no records of it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts