Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys what you think about a Lq4 short block going in a gt? My engine decided to leave my life, in pieces. (Piston decided to come through block, right above oil filter). I have a lq4 short block.. will everything wire up correctly, if i put my top end of my current g8gt on? My heads and intake manifold are still good

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Is it an older one , LQ4 has the 24 tooth reluctor wheel. Our cars have the 58 tooth reluctor wheel. Won't talk to the PCM. Needs to be a new one. Yes they can be changed and aligned.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Aim for an L99 from a Camaro .You can delete the VVT with your stock timing cover. It will have the newer DOD lifter and lifter manifold so you don't have to delete if you don't want to . And you get a few more cubes out of it. Just took a quick look on eBay. 2011 L99 90k is $3700. Clean it check it swap a few parts and drop it in.
Would be my choice if a had to pull a motor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
GT Drew
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing