Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any shops around Fort Riley/topeka/KC that does good work for LS motors?

I am planning a cam install and am in BFE with not many shops near me. I need a trustworthy shop.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My buddy was a tech at a gm dealership and opened his own shop, I'm gonna have him do my cam swap. Taking my car to him in my opinion is like taking it to the dealership for much cheaper. I dropped my car off on a Friday afternoon and had him do all my bolt ons and I picked the car up one o'clock Saturday.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the thing is I live in Fort Riley (2 hrs) away. And this is more than just bolt ons. :D

Not discrediting his work, but dont see how that would work leaving my car at a person's house. Maybe a meet and greet is in order? Or an arrangment to stay in KC over a weekend and help him get it done with cash on the side?

·
Registered
295 Posts
House of Boost in KC does a lot of LS stuff.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, the thing is I live in Fort Riley (2 hrs) away. And this is more than just bolt ons. :D

Not discrediting his work, but dont see how that would work leaving my car at a person's house. Maybe a meet and greet is in order? Or an arrangment to stay in KC over a weekend and help him get it done with cash on the side?
Lol It's not at his house, he has his own shop. The name is gear heads motors. If I didn't recently get a tune I would have it in the shop yesterday to do my head and cam job.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol It's not at his house, he has his own shop. The name is gear heads motors. If I didn't recently get a tune I would have it in the shop yesterday to do my head and cam job.
I dont know WHY i read it that way.
I googled Gear Heads Motors, nothing is turning up?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm gonna see if I spelled it wrong. It could be a Z instead of an S at the end of headz

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sorry I misspoke, MC racing is who a lot of my buddies used when I was in KC. House of Boost is where I ordered some of my Procharger accessories for my TA they are more internet based.

Also Wichita Dyno in Wichita is a really good shop. Guy is from my home town and has done A LOT of work for me. Maybe a farther drive than KC for you though?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tips bud. Ill be sure to do my research of all those places.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Both MC racing and the Tuning Station do LS stuff. The Tuning Station are the ones who help host KC2k13. Both good shops and I've seen a lot of nice cars come from both.

·
Registered
55 Posts
WWW.TEAMGHM.COM ..... my bad for getting the actual info so late but that's his web page if you wanna look into it. He's actually in the process of doing my head and cam swap now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts