Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read alot of threads about headers into stock mufflers but not with the addition of a cam perse.

The system is the Maximizer one. Kooks copy 1-7/8" 3" , either cap deletes or Kooks high flows ( confirm they fit the Maximizer system) x pipe. 2013 camaro ls3 that has a cam already.

My thoughts is that it's going to be pretty loud anyway. And the stock mufflers should calm it down a bit and not be too restricting for hp. Is that about correct? Anyone actually run this way? Worst case is I have to get some aftermarkets later so no big deal

·
Registered
170 Posts
My first exhaust setup, first with a cammed L76 and then with an LS3 stroker, was 1 3/4" American Racing headers, high flow cats with stock G8 GT mufflers. No drone and sounded great.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Search - you will find a thread where PatG shows stock mufflers good to 450hp

·
Registered
733 Posts
For the sake of this conversation, yes.
Hope you and the family are doing well.
I just got a chuckle out of it. :)

And yeah, doing alright. Lucky to work from home. Hope all is well with you as well. Did you ever get a converter?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did a DOD delete with cam and long tubes into stock exhaust system and it ran and sounded great. I soon afterwards went with a Solo system. It was loud and sounded good but I wish I would have stayed with the factory exhaust and long tubes.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I did a DOD delete with cam and long tubes into stock exhaust system and it ran and sounded great. I soon afterwards went with a Solo system. It was loud and sounded good but I wish I would have stayed with the factory exhaust and long tubes.
The average person learns from their mistakes. A smart person learns from the mistakes of others.

·
11 second bolt-on car!
214 Posts
You are giving up 10+ hp with the stock mufflers. If you are ok with that the stock mufflers do a great job of quieting it down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts