Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Low society member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose i go could to tuner and pay a ton of money for a ls7 tune but i dont want to considering i want to do a 3.27 swap and then get tune and not waste money twice but does anyone or is it possible to get that ls7 maf tune on my sct x4 i have? Or any other way to get this tune and how much

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I am not familiar with these newer superchips products, but i doubt they offer a pre-loaded tune for the ls7 maf.

What is your overall goal for the car regarding mods?

·
Low society member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres a 3.27 out of 2010 camaro by me i want to swap out with and then dod with probably lunati cam and kooks lth with solo mach 3” with hi flow cats but thats way down the road. First i would do less expensive 3.27 swap and then tune for ls7 maf and 3.27 at same time but hoped there was something i could do now with MAF

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I am pretty sure i read that there is a tune for the 3.27 loaded from the superchips tuner...however probably not for the ls7 maf.

I assume you currently do not have a tune. So basically you can do anything. Most will say get a dyno tune (if you have a reputable tuner near you). If not, then IMO, the next best thing would be rick or pat (unless you know, or know someone with knowledge of hp tuners).

Get a budget and talk to some tuners and see what they can do. I have pat, and he did my seperate tune for the ls7 maf. He, along with a few others, can remote tune for basically anything.

·
Low society member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im actually interested in buying hp tuner device and learning what i can. I emailed 2 reputable ls tuners in mass near me and got a quote for cam swap and dod delete and in the invoice they said 800 for a tune so lol i figured for now buying hptuners could be a good idea for knowledge and money. Thanks for the reply btw

·
Vendor
400 Posts
Trying to tune a cammed car is a pretty steep curve to start on. Most tuners wont' charge much for a gear update. We would most likely charge $500 for the first tune and if you came back to us with a gear change we probably wouldn't even charge you for the update. It only takes about 5 minutes to reflash for a gear swap

·
Low society member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info but id spend that on gas driving to your shop considering im in new england. But if thats the case i will ask a shop around me if they would do the same thing if and when i come back with a 3.27 rear end

·
Low society member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont have a cammed car its stock internals but when the 3.27 swap is done the only thing that needs to be done is the speedo correct? It wouldnt disturb anything else besides that right?

·
Low society member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah wothout a tune the ls7 maf wont allow the car to run . I switched pink and black wires and installed ls7 maf onto vararam intake and it stalled out almost immediately

1 - 9 of 9 Posts