Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already have injectors the ZL1 Lid and ID 1000's.Can someone please vet my list because I don't see how an LSA swap is cheaper than buying a Novi or a Paxton?

Cooler Insulator - and 12612467
Intake Manifold Gaskets 19180613 x 2
3 Bar Map Sensor - 12592525
IAT Sensor - 12614717
LSA Water Pump - 19180610
Crank Pulley - 12603916
Idler bracket with both Idler Pulleys - 12606501
Idler Pulleys 12606031
Idler Pulleys 12606032
S/C tensioner 12622452
S/C tensioner bracket 12606500
Intake Bolts - 11588718 x10
Bolts 11588742
Bolts 11588749 x 2
Bolts 11588727 X 3
Bolts 11900254
LS3 water pump hose (upper): - 92215927
Water pump gaskets - 12630223 X2
Actuator - GM (19180859)
Hose - GM (22912576)
Timing Cover Gasket - 12633904
Timing Chain GXP - 12646386 ?
Crankshaft seal - 12585673
SLP Crank Pinning Kit - GM LSx Motors SLP100250
*ZL1 Front Hose kit - 22962566
Camshaft sprocket 3 bolt - 12586481
3 camshaft sprocket bolts - 12556127
Supercharger intercooler radiator (Factory ZL1)- 22879421

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
LSA is cheaper because you can get a used LSA supercharger for cheaper than a new kit. Otherwise, yeah, you're right.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you make searching for some of those items on the used market a part time job, sure I would argue there is money to be saved (not sure if Covid exploded the used parts market as well...). If you buy everything NEW, then no, it's not really super economical (at least I believe). If you are just going to buy everything new, compare it to a TVS 2300 or heartbeat, and see where those stack up $$ wise. The Magnuson packages come with I believe everything needed to bolt on (unsure if the heartbeat is TRULY a bolt on or if you have to do anything custom). Just my $.02

-J

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Most start with this gm kit 19421444
Circuit component Font Auto part Bicycle part Audio equipment

Reactions: The Pawnfather

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Several lists out there. If you have a 2009.5, you have the ls3 water pump.

Skip 19421444, lsa will drop on the l76 with existing accessories.

Reactions: The Pawnfather

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I've seen 6 different lists. I just want to know if there's a generic list for an L76 so that I know if I'm gonna keep this blower or sell it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did an lsa blower on mine. Done right- it looks and runs like if it came from the factory like that)
Do it right, nothing worse than looking under the hood and seeing a butchered , band aid , duck tape looking mod!

First: your list has "stuff" not specific to an LSA swap (such as DOD delete, timing gasket, cam sproket, etc...... and why the heck you put a gxp timing chain?-BTW: stock GT oil pump is same as lsa oil pump etc
other stuff on the list comes with other parts on the list ( gaskets come with water pump...IAT and 3bMAP, bolts come with LID. etc)
injectors, fuel pump, tunes? etc don't come with any kits.
forget the ZL1 intercooler hoses, it wont fit right as you cant really use the ZL! intercooler pump and bracket easily either.
I ran heater hose down each side + a Bosch intercooler pump and gm Volt coolant reservoir

If you want easy- go with an aftermarket kit.
If you want WOW factor - go factory look. In my opinion.
ALL stock ZL! blower + BTR PDS cam = slightly over 500+ RWHP all day long.... and a blast to drive. porting, overdrive pulley and your reliability on stock rotating assembly will be questionable (not to mention you will need other enhancement such as bigger intercooler.

The problem with going supercharged is the stuff you dont think (or dont want to think about) that will add cost.
You will need to address fuel delivery (pump, rail, and a custom feed line to rail. a zl1 or ctsv brake booster hose rac, custom PS relocation bracket, custom intercooler fan setup, intercooler bracket.
And once its all said and done: BRAKES! and TIRES. Go camaro brembo minimum front (I suggest all 4) or you wont stop good with all that speed/power.
Brembo calipers wont fit under G8 stock wheels. so you need a new set. stock tires (no matter what kind have no grip. Get a good street drag tire or street track tire in 285 width. (and yeah they will still break loose but thats as wide as you can go without modification to fenders)

·
Registered
42 Posts
IIRC, There is no problem with any of the factory pulleys (alternator, PS, AC- its all good even with the LS3 water pump swap, but you will need to chop about an inch to the G8 lower rad hose and get a new upper rad hose.
Depending where you are, and How much, Id be willing to pick up that LSA blower.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did an lsa blower on mine. Done right- it looks and runs like if it came from the factory like that)
Do it right, nothing worse than looking under the hood and seeing a butchered , band aid , duck tape looking mod!

First: your list has "stuff" not specific to an LSA swap (such as DOD delete, timing gasket, cam sproket, etc...... and why the heck you put a gxp timing chain?-BTW: stock GT oil pump is same as lsa oil pump etc
other stuff on the list comes with other parts on the list ( gaskets come with water pump...IAT and 3bMAP, bolts come with LID. etc)
injectors, fuel pump, tunes? etc don't come with any kits.
forget the ZL1 intercooler hoses, it wont fit right as you cant really use the ZL! intercooler pump and bracket easily either.
I ran heater hose down each side + a Bosch intercooler pump and gm Volt coolant reservoir

If you want easy- go with an aftermarket kit.
If you want WOW factor - go factory look. In my opinion.
ALL stock ZL! blower + BTR PDS cam = slightly over 500+ RWHP all day long.... and a blast to drive. porting, overdrive pulley and your reliability on stock rotating assembly will be questionable (not to mention you will need other enhancement such as bigger intercooler.

The problem with going supercharged is the stuff you dont think (or dont want to think about) that will add cost.
You will need to address fuel delivery (pump, rail, and a custom feed line to rail. a zl1 or ctsv brake booster hose rac, custom PS relocation bracket, custom intercooler fan setup, intercooler bracket.
And once its all said and done: BRAKES! and TIRES. Go camaro brembo minimum front (I suggest all 4) or you wont stop good with all that speed/power.
Brembo calipers wont fit under G8 stock wheels. so you need a new set. stock tires (no matter what kind have no grip. Get a good street drag tire or street track tire in 285 width. (and yeah they will still break loose but thats as wide as you can go without modification to fenders)
I am still researching the best cam/dod kit combo. I am only trying to get 5-550 out of the car without an earth-shaking lope. The parts I have at the moment are as listed

10k mile Y2J Unit Blower, 102mm ported CTSV Snout with a solid Isolator, ZL1 Lid with a reinforced brick, CTSV fuel rail with ID1000 injectors, LSX Snout plugs, LPE Hub with a griptec 2.45 pulley, GM Brake Booster hose kit.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Most start with this gm kit 19421444

·
Registered
489 Posts
I am still researching the best cam/dod kit combo. I am only trying to get 5-550 out of the car without an earth-shaking lope. The parts I have at the moment are as listed

10k mile Y2J Unit Blower, 102mm ported CTSV Snout with a solid Isolator, ZL1 Lid with a reinforced brick, CTSV fuel rail with ID1000 injectors, LSX Snout plugs, LPE Hub with a griptec 2.45 pulley, GM Brake Booster hose kit.
Where's @ebg8gt he had a recent LSA results thread I believe

IIRC he went mid 130s in the quarter too.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Where's @ebg8gt he had a recent LSA results thread I believe

IIRC he went mid 130s in the quarter too.
I'm here! Yes, I went 134mph. That's about the max mph I'll probably see, but going to shoot for a 9.999 in the spring.

With a cam, headers, and any reasonably designed intake, you'll definitely make that much power. If you put it on E85, you'll probably make 600-650.

My car is cammed, but it's not a crazy lope by any means. You can feel it slightly wobble the car at a stop light, but it's very easy and nice to drive.

Who is going to tune your car? That's a huge part.

·
Registered
836 Posts
IIRC, There is no problem with any of the factory pulleys (alternator, PS, AC- its all good even with the LS3 water pump swap, but you will need to chop about an inch to the G8 lower rad hose and get a new upper rad hose.
Depending where you are, and How much, Id be willing to pick up that LSA blower.
Assuming you use the CTS-V LSA belt system, you're supposed to change the serpentine belt tensioner (the one that mounts to the water pump) and it has a slightly different length belt. Otherwise, it's all the same.

Another thing... the large bracket that holds the supercharger belt tensioner can be trimmed to allow the wiring harness to route much more easily. See pic. It allows the large part of the harness to sit under the bracket.

Tool Bumper Wood Composite material Automotive exterior

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not to hijack this thread,
But since we have a few LSA car owners on this thread , I have quick question.
I want to remove the snout. In a normal lsa, the blower has to be lifted 1/2 -1 inch so the snout clears an interference point.
Nobody mentions what it hits but i would believe it is the valley cover breather bose??
I used a GM12598832 cover when I did my Cam, LSA conversion
It is the valley cover without the breather as the G8 valvecovers have the breather tube
Do i still need to "lift" the supercharger unit to remove the snout?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Not to hijack this thread,
But since we have a few LSA car owners on this thread , I have quick question.
I want to remove the snout. In a normal lsa, the blower has to be lifted 1/2 -1 inch so the snout clears an interference point.
Nobody mentions what it hits but i would believe it is the valley cover breather bose??
I used a GM12598832 cover when I did my Cam, LSA conversion
It is the valley cover without the breather as the G8 valvecovers have the breather tube
Do i still need to "lift" the supercharger unit to remove the snout?
You are correct, the breather is the main reason you have to lift the supercharger up. I THINK you should be able to remove the snout without lifting the supercharger if you don't have the breather there. The snout might get caught on the bolt head, but I doubt it. And if it does, there should be enough wiggle room to get it off.

Now one thing I'm not sure on, is if you have to remove the lid or not. Since most people have to lift the supercharger, which requires removing the lid, I don't know if you can get the snout off or not. Again, I THINK you should be able to, but I'm not certain. I pulled my snout off and changed the pulley before installing mine, so I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
836 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts