Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Finished my LSA swap on my G8 a couple of months ago now and have been going strong for 2 months. Finally got around to throwing it on my buddy's dyno while out there yesterday and made 512 on stock pulley with intake and headers. 118% injector duty! Did notice it kept going rich on the Dyno but on the road it loads at the commanded AFR, still high injector duty and running out of fuel for sure.

I think my total cost into the setup is around $1800. Advantage I had was my buddy with his V gave me plenty of hand me down parts, like V Lid, old injectors, V HX. Blower I snagged with 20k miles on V forums for $550 and $1100 for extra parts needed.

Even if I had to buy the other stuff new it would still be cheaper then snagging up the two turbos I was looking at, and then I still have BOV, WG, etc stuff to buy. Really can't beat the bang for your buck the LSA offers especially with the efficiency. Friend has a G8 Firehawk that was pullied down and has other expected bolt ons that hit 460 and think when we last checked it was 12# of boost. I imagine if I were to pulley down I would see upper 500 range pretty easy.

Got some vids of the car in action vs my Turbo TA I will need to throw together and post up. :driving:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ya the stock LSA/LS9 56# Injectors. Only making 6 pounds of boost, might touch 7 on a really cold night. IDC hits that in the upper revs to keep up even with a leaned out afr commanded. If I shoot for a deeper AFR like I started out I was hitting mid to upper 120's if memory serves right.

Pretty much if you plan to run it with stock pulley you will be running at the ragged edge of what the stock fuel system can basically handle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Could make them work I'm sure but the problem at this point is more the pump and not the injectors. I have twin pumps on my TA with the 80's and sit around 45% IDC at 12 pounds of boost. Before the pumps I was touching upper 80's just at 9 pounds.

It's one thing to have a fire hose but a different thing to have the supply/pressure for it in this case. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Rawr256 what pump are you running?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rawr256 what pump are you running?
100% untouched stock. No BAP or anything. Only changes to fuel system that were made were ZR1 rail and used V injectors off my buddies car.

Fueling is inconsistent in the higher gears in the upper revs. With the fairly low boost and running decent timing haven't had any knock unless it's a long pull where the extra fuel would help. Was enough my wife whooped me in our Turbo TA, granted it was set at low boost and had the tune pretty safe until I could really play with it. :whine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1qGOtuyTb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSeddoM5tyI

Porbably do a Squash system and port and pully down and call it good. Still have to haul the little ones around in the car after all. :driving:

·
Registered
364 Posts
HELP!! I need the part number for bolts that hold the cts-v lid on and also part number for bolts that hold the zl1 fuel rail on… Neither came with my purchase of these and this is all I'm waiting to figure out… Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
HELP!! I need the part number for bolts that hold the cts-v lid on and also part number for bolts that hold the zl1 fuel rail on… Neither came with my purchase of these and this is all I'm waiting to figure out… Any help would be much appreciated!
507 isnt listed as a sellable part.

544 gm part # 11589406

·
Registered
405 Posts
at this point in your build I would just visit the local hardware store, just be sure to measure the depth you need and use the correct thread.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I got all those bolts at the hw store. Plus, they look nicer in stainless anyway

·
#MurderG8
158 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
^^^ Those will rust

·
Registered
364 Posts
I found them through pace thanks again!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
What did you use for your elbow to connect to roto fab? I've already got a custom elbow made but no box to surround my filter from heat… thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
anyone have a good source on a cts-v balancer ? Ive found a few but the price seemed to jump over a few days from $123 new to $156 new and both are the old part number...

I dont mine spending extra but im running out of ramen noodles lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
I snagged mine off of Amazon, was the same one that my buddy had on his V when we pulled his old one off. You could try looking for a used one from a LSA car that went to an overdrive on their pulley but they typically get a groove worn in on the shaft of their pulley so best to just get a new one.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts