Pontiac G8 Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for this documentation. Its really helping me put together the parts for my LSA swap. But I have one question. I'm getting ready to start the first part which is the dod delete. What head gaskets are you guys using that can also handle the boost of the supercharger?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
LS3 or LS9 gaskets will be fine

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
anyone have a good source on a cts-v balancer ? Ive found a few but the price seemed to jump over a few days from $123 new to $156 new and both are the old part number...

I dont mine spending extra but im running out of ramen noodles lol
P/N 12603916 was replaced by P/N 12674581. $149.51.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can't access this document, does anyone have a copy?

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, pretty much have everything collected to drop the supercharger on. first i have attack the cam install-DOD delete.
Quick question on DOD delete:
some say to change oil pump as it is hi volume for DOD (how can that be a bad thing?- regular pump needed? there was also something about the pressure regulator valve mod when oil pan off?
Now the real questions:
Few questions on supercharger install:
- does the stock GT upper rad hose "swing over" to connect to the needed ls3 w-pump? (as the gxp hose is discontinued).

- I noticed that there is intercooler pump control(yes/no) in ECM parameters (HPtuners)- Anybody know to which pin-out on the ECM ,,,, or How are you all running the intercooler pump? On ZL1 its on X3 pin16 but that is a whole other animal (ECM). -Is the IAT on the lid useless? and the BARO?

- Anybody try using factory ZL1 intercooler hoses- solves the filling issue and connection issues + factory look at a somewhat decent price.

MAF? heard about a lot of failures with stock MAF-switch to ls7 maf? any reason why its not mentioned?

- No mention of oil catch can- is it worthwhile investment or is the oil fume that gets blown onto the blower rotors somewhat good for it.

I'm going to be running BTR PDS stage 1 and factory upper pulley (maybe drop to 2.5 up top if my boost to low with new cam)- ideally I'd like to be right around 600hp - any recommendations on size of injectors i should run from those that have experimented.

btw - that PS bracket looks oem- you made it or is it a oem part on another vehicle

·
Registered
79 Posts
So, pretty much have everything collected to drop the supercharger on. first i have attack the cam install-DOD delete.
Quick question on DOD delete:
some say to change oil pump as it is hi volume for DOD (how can that be a bad thing?- regular pump needed? there was also something about the pressure regulator valve mod when oil pan off?
Now the real questions:
Few questions on supercharger install:
- does the stock GT upper rad hose "swing over" to connect to the needed ls3 w-pump? (as the gxp hose is discontinued).

- I noticed that there is intercooler pump control(yes/no) in ECM parameters (HPtuners)- Anybody know to which pin-out on the ECM ,,,, or How are you all running the intercooler pump? On ZL1 its on X3 pin16 but that is a whole other animal (ECM). -Is the IAT on the lid useless? and the BARO?

- Anybody try using factory ZL1 intercooler hoses- solves the filling issue and connection issues + factory look at a somewhat decent price.

MAF? heard about a lot of failures with stock MAF-switch to ls7 maf? any reason why its not mentioned?

- No mention of oil catch can- is it worthwhile investment or is the oil fume that gets blown onto the blower rotors somewhat good for it.

I'm going to be running BTR PDS stage 1 and factory upper pulley (maybe drop to 2.5 up top if my boost to low with new cam)- ideally I'd like to be right around 600hp - any recommendations on size of injectors i should run from those that have experimented.

btw - that PS bracket looks oem- you made it or is it a oem part on another vehicle

The stock rad hose is a bit of a stretch as I recall. I ended up getting a Camaro SS upper rad hose if I recall correctly. It can be made to work temporarily but it will most likely be pushed against your intake.

The ECM does have the parameters but the wiring bits aren't available in the Fuse box last time I did the research. Best to just wire it up with ignition power on. For the IAT you want to do a breakout from your intake to the Lid so you can accurately measure the IAT. The environment Baro sensor and pre boost sensors aren't used. The environment you can leave open but either need to put the sensor in or physically plug the hose for the pre boost sensor.

If you want a stock setup i'm sure the ZL1 intercooler hoses can be used. Lots of reservoir options out there so this is kind of up to the individual. I ended up switching to 12AN lines and have a Glanzer tank right now. Previously I had used a alum res from a Mustang Cobra and before that one of the units that comes with the Magnacharger kits.

I used the factory MAF for a while but to upgrade to a LS7 card style would be most ideal. The honeycomb causes a restriction and also causes the blower whine to be muffled. Before/After can definitely notice a difference in the whine.

A catch can should be a must, look at Might Mouses setups. A bit on the spendy side but they do the trick and have a boost relief on them for venting. He is pretty good about emails and answering questions last time I reached out.

With a pulley and cam you should be in the 600 whp range without issue I imagine. I'm running the Deatchwerks 95 lb injectors on mine with a Vaporworx controller on stock V pumps. Has supported just under 650whp without issue. You will just need to scale the injectors and Stoich AFR in the tune to make the shifting and torque calc report correctly.

Good luck!

61 - 72 of 72 Posts