Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I was on the Dyno, the car had a spectre intake and Solo axlebacks.

Now the car has Pacesetter LTs, Magnaflow resonated x-pipe, Hooker Maxflow mufflers and all 2.5 inch mandrel bent stainless steel. Current numbers are....

Needless to say I'm very pleased. Brian at Dyno Tune Motorsports is amazing.

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Got any videos of your exhaust? Would be pretty much the exact setup I have, minus a different kind of intake. I'm assuming you do not have cats?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have a video of the pull on my phone. Let me get it uploaded and posted here. And no, no cats.

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Cool thanks. I'm anxious to get my Hooker Maxflows installed. They're still sitting in my garage cause I've been traveling a lot with work.

Any drone issues at any speeds or with AFM?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My car. The trans unocked and locked, hence the hesitation at low RPM.

A cammed mustang that was in before me. It made 370 HP 350 TQ. Sounded like a badass though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool thanks. I'm anxious to get my Hooker Maxflows installed. They're still sitting in my garage cause I've been traveling a lot with work.

Any drone issues at any speeds or with AFM?
No drone at all with or without AFM. Actually very impressed with how tame it is while cruising and then how loud and throaty it is under acceleration.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Complete mod list is in the sig. When Brian first ran it on the dyno it made 345 so he picked up another 15 just in the tune. To answer your question directly, yes. Tune, CAI, LTs, 2.5 inch from the collectors back. That's it. Brian and I were both a little surprised she made that much power.

Edit: next is a pat g cam and 400hp here we come.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I also had my car Tuned by Brian @ Dyno Tune. was very happy with the results. I got to 339RWP, 360.0 torque with his tune and Borla catback and a KN Cai. I am curious what i will push with Kooks Shorty headers, If they ever arrive.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Looking at my dyno sheet when I had 1 7/8" kooks mids/Roto Fab/Livernois 93 tune/stock exhaust, Christine made 344.61HP/355.93TQ on Livernois' dynojet. So it goes along with the "LT's give 10-15HP more" adage. Well, your 2.5" exhaust might have given you a few HP but it's pretty close.

(thumbs up) Your pipes sound good!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks man. I'm really happy with the exhaust note. Mellow when needed and aggressive when needed. My old mustang had more a classic clean muscle car type sound. This has more of a brash "race car" sound which I like. Now it's so time to sell the the solo axle backs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.