Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running Kooks LT's, catted mids, and the stock GT mufflers. I wanted it a little quieter. I like it, and I may mod these for more flow. Here is a video, just in case there might be someone on the same path. Also, debadged the rear except for the arrowhead, and tinted the side repeaters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_I8KAJoTo&feature=youtu.be

debadged.jpg

get-attachment.jpg

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sounds good man

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
That sounds great! I'm planning to do LTs and HFC'd connection pipes in the next while and run them to the stock axleback. I was planning to eventually upgrade to a Corsa catback, but this actually has exactly the sound I'm looking for. Good to know, thanks for the video!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I would love a Corsa myself, but this actually sounds good. You can open the stock mufflers up, and mod them as well. Zero drone, and mild, but you can clearly tell its a V8.

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
you may mod them for more sound, but not likely more flow. And I have modded stockers twice. Neither resulted in much more sound.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stock mufflers.jpg

Getqting rid of that perforated tube is what I mean when moddinga for flow. However, even removing that doesn't really add any sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
O-Fivecc
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing