Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers lumbar support, at least for me, has always been too high up in the lower back. I have always wanted a better contour and support lower down. Here is my 30 minute, and a few dollar solution.

The seat back is held in at the lower edges with push in retainers, they’re are very firmly secured. Pull about 4” from the lower edge on each side. Once removed the. It’s simply sliding a piece of 3/4 pvc conduit, cut to 12” (I used schedule 40, it’s stronger)
Slide it between the cushion and the lumbar strap. Work from the top, while pushing the cushion forward, so it’s not torn by the end of the conduit. Use the picture for reference. For me it’s perfect. You could also try 1/2 conduit, if you want a more neutral starting contour. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow that's a great idea. Something that was always an issue for me in our G8 and now our SS is the lack of lumbar support. I have them cranked up and it's still not enough for me. If I had it my way to be comfortable, most would feel like it's jabbing into their back. I wonder if this mod can be done to the SS seat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts