Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm switching to the lunati lifters and was wondering from the people that are running or have ran them how loud they are compared to stock?

· Registered
761 Posts
Which ones are you getting??

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are the link bar street performance, I already put the car together, not really much difference vs ls7 maybe a tad bit louder.

· Registered
761 Posts
I have the high speeds and they are probably about the same.BUT come to find out, 2 of them were defective...had bad flow rates and were real noisy after about 15 minutes of warmup.Thought it was the preload being off but no. The rest are slightly noticeable, especially with shaft rockers.Nothing like a tap or anything, more like a sewing machine.

What rockers are you using and what pushrod length??

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock rockers, I'd like to find some adjustable 1.7's. 7.325 pushrods with about .040 preload

· Registered
761 Posts
I went with the Comp Cams 1.7 shaft adjustables which adds to the over all noise level.Expensive, but boy are they nice.
I ended up having to shim them 0.030 because they were smack dab in the middle of 2 pushrod lengths after i set my adjustment at 0.050 which ended up at 7.100 then ~0.020 preload. New era told me 7.400 is what i need but it was nowhere near that.

Attachments

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will have to look into those

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.