Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum Ive own a g8 for about 5 years now and now the time has come for me to put more into it. I have already purchased a 6.0for the swap. but what I'm looking for is more knowledge on doing the project. a list of parts and part number would be very helpful. Is there any one who have successfully did this project anything would help I don't want to start this project and not finish or get stuck.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Did you give any consideration into dropping a 6.2L in there.
The 6.2 is the more bullet proof engine IMHO. Does not have the lifter problems of the 6.0L.
Good luck with your swap.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Did you give any consideration into dropping a 6.2L in there.
The 6.2 is the more bullet proof engine IMHO. Does not have the lifter problems of the 6.0L.
Good luck with your swap.
6.2L is nice, I just did the DOD delete and replaced the lifters.

I should make a list of the parts on a new thread, but here is a start... :nerd:

Required

1. L76/6L80 pullout
  2. Uncut GT engine bay wire harness (Most junkyards cut them. It took a long time to find one! Talk to Guy from Contemporary Corvette. I have purchased two from him.)
  3. Fuel Pump (I did ZL1 swap from Pace Performance)
  4. Drive shaft
  5. Two Rear axles
  6. Rear Diff (GT or Camaro.)
  7. ECM
  8. GT Radiator and hoses
  9. Headers (I did 1 7/8 Kooks Mids with Green Cats)
  10. Exhaust system of your choice (Borla)
  11. Intake of your choice (Rotofab)
  12. GT brake booster
  13. Make sure your insurance covers this! I had to switch providers, but its now cheaper.

Optional parts I added

1. DOD Delete
  2. Cam (blower cam)
  3. ZL1 fuel pump instead of GT version
  4. Trans cooler
  5. LS3 water pump
  6. Oil pump
  7. Spark plugs
  8. CTS-V harmonic balancer
  9. High Output alternator (Ohio Generator)
  10. ARP head stud bolts
  11. New belts
Next Generation Automotive did a fantastic job in my swap. Highly recommended! I'm sure there are parts missing in this list. These are most of the parts provided to them. On a side note, you will need to upgrade your brakes from the V6 size. If you do Brembos, be prepared to buy new rims and tires! LOL! Quite a few individuals will upgrade most of these items on a GT anyways! Have fun!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What tranny did u use did you have to do any suspension upgrades drive shaft did u change that out also juts trying to cover all angles here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts