Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've tried searching this site and the tuners website, and I am still confused. Does anyone make a plug-and-play tuner specific to an M6 GXP? The mfr's that specify trans on their website don't offer them (Superchips), and the sites that don't ask which trans talk about shift points (Livernois; and what the hell is a vehicle credit???, is this a video game?). I've seen places where the Diablosport I1000 is supposed to work, but they also talk about features for the A6. Maybe it's me, but I'd like to see the mfr specifically state that it works for an M6.

Are tunes even worth it for M6's? Also, which CAI works best with these tunes?

I know most of this has been answered somewhere on this site, but the threads always seem to take left turns away from the basic topic.

Car is an untouched 80,000 mile daily driver I've owned since new. I think it's time to play with it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Just go ahead and get a real tune done by someone experienced in LS motors, either on a dyno or via street tuning. The handhelds aren't really all that. Where are you located at? Chances are someone near you can get you hooked up with someone local...

Cant go wrong with a Rotofab or Vararam CAI

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
+10000

·
Registered
219 Posts
I agree, definitely get a good dyno tune by somebody who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Viper0088, where in NJ is did you get your tune? I am in western Morris County.

Though, I would still like to know if there is an off the shelf tuner for an M6.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
A tune for a manual G8 will not see a dramatic difference, compared to a tune in an A6 g8. Both cars will gain some power, but the A6 will see better shifting characteristics compared to the stock tcm tune, which makes it seem as if the A6 gains more power from tuning.

Either way, a good custom tune will greatly benefit a manual gxp. It did in mine

·
Registered
219 Posts
I highly recommend Tune Time Performance in Lakewood, NJ. It's well worth the drive for a superb dyno tune.

I did a lot of research on out of the box M6 tunes and nothing really exists...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts