Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have them? What did you notice from installing them. I'm thinking of getting them since I want to change my spark plugs before I take her out of storage but want to know if they are worth it or not?

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
I istalled them on another members car and he told me it didnt do much. Thats why I havent done my own.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the dyno sheet on the site looks like small hp gains but quite a bit for torque. Just spoke to a dyno shop and my car WILL be going on a dyno early summer so I can see what I'm making

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey G8chick.

Thought I would chime in and let you know I have the mace insulators for my car, that I still need to install. Yesterday I ordered the Overkill tune and should receive the flashed modules tomorrow. I hope that is some noticeable changes when I get everything installed. Also I have a Roto-Fab CAI installed. Have you received your Overkill tune yet?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I have it already it is sitting in the garage with my cat waiting to be put in :) I won't get a chance to notice any gains or even drive until spring that is why I wanted to do performance mods over winter. Dynoing will happen as well can't wait to get out on the roads! I have solo axle back and K&N already

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey G8chick.

Thought I would chime in and let you know I have the mace insulators for my car, that I still need to install. Yesterday I ordered the Overkill tune and should receive the flashed modules tomorrow. I hope that is some noticeable changes when I get everything installed. Also I have a Roto-Fab CAI installed. Have you received your Overkill tune yet?
Check out the videos I got on youtube. I have the tune with a roto-fab intake and a full CB and you can get an idea of gains you will be seeing with your mods/tune.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQoXex2dVQYbZihsTy2I8Yg/videos

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I have the tune & K & N CAI on my V6 not sure if the insulators will make much of a difference. I believe headers & HFC's will get you better HP gains. From lots of reading on the V6 the engine is pretty close to being maxed out on maximum performance. I know the shifting points are better on the tune as I have definitely noticed the difference. I would have like to try the headers & HFC's on my V6, but since I have my GT I will like to see what HP gains I can get from a new cam. It gets expensive to modify 2 cars instead of one. Either way my V6 was my first G8 & I do still enjoy driving it.

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
i think they helped, especially with the roto-fab intake at the end of the day you won't feel an 8hp gain lol...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking I'll prob get them and see. Any difference is something I'm okay with. I just like doing mods to my cat lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car*

·
Registered
214 Posts
i have been emailing mace about the 25mm insulators to see if they will fit hopeing they say they will cause that will be the route i go
I was told by Steve at Mace that the 25MM spacers will fit the 08 G8 V6

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I would not bother with them, as other people has said very little hp gains.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
I've been emailing them about the 2009. It seams to me there would be enough clearance just might have to run without engine covers on.
Yes they fit!! but covers will not fit after their installed.:judge:

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
All it does is raise the upper manifold 25mm. Sorry I dont have any pics of that. and yes mines a 2009.
If your talking to me.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Oh and also,I dont run my car with covers anyways,and the hood vents are fully open so it stays cooler. So if you get the insulators If you dont mind running without covers I say try it and see if you feel anything.

·
Registered
117 Posts
mace said that i will have to run without the engine covers plus cut some of the plastic under the hood to maintain the proper fit. hopefully ordering and installing this winter

1 - 19 of 19 Posts